PDA

View Full Version : CDCCL tasks

Tobikan Judan
30th Jun 2020, 11:43
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently at a position to apply for my Part 66 with the UK CAA.

I've got plenty of experience in my logbook. One area which people I know have been rejected for is CDCCL tasks.

I know what these tasks are with regards to fuel tanks etc. I cannot seem to find any reference to CDCCL tasks for the aircraft types I work on (small business jets). Are these tasks only applicable to aircraft of a certain size (Airbus/Boeing and so on) ?
I've read through SFAR88 and Easa documents but it doesn't necessarily mention anything about aircraft applicability (unless I've missed it 🤦‍♂️).

Any help would be appreciated.
Stay safe.

ivor toolbox
1st Jul 2020, 19:38
It's not applicable to aeroplanes with less than 30 seats, but is applicable to those originally constructed / certificated with more than 30 seats; such as airliner derived business jets.

So, for instance , it does apply to Bombardier Challenger 850 , which is derived from CRJ200 airliner but not the Challenger 600/601/604/605/650 series.

However, there is nothing to stop the operator camo insisting CDCCL protocols are used when their aeroplanes are maintained, this would be a matter for your maintenance planning department, and likewise some manufacturers are now including CDCCL warnings in relevant sections of maintenance manual.

Go and have a chat with your company quality manager, as IIRC he/she has to countersign your work experience for initial application.

Ttfn

Tobikan Judan
1st Jul 2020, 21:13
That's great thanks for clearing it up for me!

ivor toolbox
2nd Jul 2020, 12:28
Its in section 1-2 of SFAR88 ,
also, depends on aeroplane payload, and its date of initial certification. So, for small business jets that neither have 30 seats or a 7500lb payload capacity,
it will depend on when it was initially type certificated. The AMM and MPD should tell you.

Ttfn