PDA

View Full Version : Stuka's!

Baldie Man
14th Aug 2002, 18:08
Does anyone know of if there're any Stuka's left flying, is it possible to get a joyride in one and where is it? :D

Thank you.

BM.

doubleu-anker
15th Aug 2002, 09:35
No flying examples that I know of.

Boss Raptor
15th Aug 2002, 11:42
One was certainly found in Russia in the early 90's along with an ME110 and were certainly exported...believe they were sold as projects to New Zealand?

BlueEagle
15th Aug 2002, 11:56
Not thinking of tidying up the outskirts of Rotterdam, I hope, Baldie?:eek:

411A
15th Aug 2002, 13:52
Is this a twin-engined bomber? If so, there is one here, offering rides at certain times of the year. Operated by the CAF, I believe.
Was told it is the only airworthy example.

Baldie Man
15th Aug 2002, 15:52
Stuka was a single engine dive bomber. Nasty piece of kit largely owing to the sickening sound it made as it screamed nose down towards it's targets.

BM.

chiglet
15th Aug 2002, 18:04
Piece on Sky News, [I think] a guy in the Ukrane has "rebuilt" a Ju87 and is flying "displays" in it. It was "supposed" to be a 100% rebuild, but looked a little suspicious [like a replica] to me. I could be mistooken though.
Sky News archives may have an answer.
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

ORAC
15th Aug 2002, 18:42
JU87 Stukas:

2 complete aircraft remained restored.
2 aircraft are on display unrestored.
5 aircraft partial remains.
3 replicas, 2 in flying condition.

Junkers Aircraft (http://www.geocities.com/hjunkers/ju_mus5.htm)

aztruck
16th Aug 2002, 17:40
There was a two-thirds replica up for sale in Trade-a-plane a while back. It used to be on static display at a San diego Museum but was put back in the air. I believe it is a 2 seater and seeing as the "real" Stuka was a pretty big aircraft a scale replica will still look fairly impressive. I think it had a lycoming fitted. A snip at $75,000.

Baldie Man
16th Aug 2002, 23:39
Thanks for all the info folks.

Buy that mother Aztruck - there's an old German chap round the corner from me who's late brother used to be the chap sitting in the back of that thing! Freaky hearing him relate stories about it. :eek:

BM.