PDA

View Full Version : Trump to ban Chinese carrier flights to the USA

Oasis
3rd Jun 2020, 14:55
thankfully cx not on the list.

btw can mainlanders come in and fly out of clk without a quarantine?
if not, better get those 777s out of deep storage
​​​​​​​

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-china-airlines-exclusive/exclusive-trump-administration-set-to-bar-chinese-passenger-carriers-from-flying-to-u-s-sources-say-idUSKBN23A248

RedsunsDriver
3rd Jun 2020, 17:48
I would assume they will just transfer. So no quarantine required unless they want to leave the airport.

cxorcist
3rd Jun 2020, 20:21
This will take effect only until the ChiComs allow US carriers to resume flights into Mainland China. Not a reason for glee imo unless this turns into a longer term arrangement.

Sam Ting Wong
4th Jun 2020, 10:47
Cxorcist, I don't want to pour cold water on your MAGA cap, but are you actually aware you work for the Chinese?

I say that again, you work for China. You refer to them in a somewhat critical and distant tone, but actually you work for them. They own you.

You transport Chinese people, Chinese goods, you live in China and your employer is basically Chinese.Your paycheck comes from China.

Just saying.

Brown Nose
4th Jun 2020, 11:33
Cxorcist, I don't want to pour cold water on your MAGA cap, but are you actually aware you work for the Chinese?

I say that again, you work for China. You refer to them in a somewhat critical and distant tone, but actually you work for them. They own you.

You transport Chinese people, Chinese goods, you live in China and your employer is basically Chinese.Your paycheck comes from China.

Just saying.

I would really love to know who this idiot is. Mostly to never let him/her/it touch anything in the flight deck.

Last time I looked Swire managed and had the highest share holding of Cathay Pacific. I believe they are from the UK? Not a whole lot of Chinese in the upper levels of Swire.

CodyBlade
4th Jun 2020, 11:45
CCP creates the illusion you are your own entity and independent.

But everything is done to not upset them and please them...really they own your Cajones.

It's like the relationship dynamic between a female Scorpion and a male Scorpion.

Sam Ting Wong
4th Jun 2020, 12:05
I would really love to know who this idiot is. Mostly to never let him/her/it touch anything in the flight deck.

Last time I looked Swire managed and had the highest share holding of Cathay Pacific. I believe they are from the UK? Not a whole lot of Chinese in the upper levels of Swire.

You are living in denial.

Cathay's business is China. You live in China. Your entire economic existence depends on China. China's faith is your faith.

All that progress on the seniority list is directly correlated to the ascent of China and its increasing market share.

Face reality and stop pretending you are on the other side of the table. Stop the hypocrisy.

Slasher1
4th Jun 2020, 16:38
Tit for tat and short lived. Positioning as a skirmish in a much larger trade ‘war’.

Shot Nancy
5th Jun 2020, 02:49
Can already transit HKG under certain conditions.
HKIA Notice (https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/important-notice/index.page?noticeid=1523424631510-3)
Glimmer of hope for the Cathays.