PDA

View Full Version : Maleth of Malta supplying aircraft for NHS ?

skibeagle
30th May 2020, 20:32
Can someone tell me why the UK Taxpayer funded NHS is using Maltese registered aircraft to bring PPE in from China ?
Surely there are sufficient parked UK aircraft and crew that could provide this lift ?
Answers on a postcard please...

Pistonprop
30th May 2020, 20:44
They were the cheapest quote?

Planet Basher
30th May 2020, 20:51
Follow the money.

750XL
30th May 2020, 20:55
Because they're vastly superior at ad-hoc charter flights than any G-reg airline are.

Also, they user British crew if it makes you feel any better.

A320baby
30th May 2020, 21:01
Aren’t the aircraft owned by European aviation ( who are British ) but operated under a Maleth AOC?

Cat Techie
30th May 2020, 21:15
Because they're vastly superior at ad-hoc charter flights than any G-reg airline are.

Also, they user British crew if it makes you feel any better.

And operate from a British base as well. I doubt your first comment is accurate mind. I assume you work for them. So does a mate of mine.

skibeagle
30th May 2020, 21:50
It matters not to me. I could care less, I'm not a UK tax payer. Give your work to non-domestic operators if you like. What of the cost of the paint scheme ? Great value for your NHS pound that is - and soooo vital for what ? NHS staff morale ?

alfaman
30th May 2020, 22:00
They're not flying alone, BA are also flying in PPE, & I'm sure others are too. Four months ago the two 340s were flying for Virgin; they were painted in the UK, they're serviced in the UK & most of their operations are into & out of the UK at the moment. The NHS staff don't give a t0ss where they're registered, as long as they're doing the job. What difference does it make to you, then?

skibeagle
30th May 2020, 23:08
Alfaman... this advert from Maleth. Will you still be able to apply after Brexit ? I believe there is a good chance your freedom of labor movement restriction may stop you... I really don't care, doesn't seem like you care that you have no protection of your employment at a national level. You deserve to be on the dole as you appear soft enough to let this happen. My apologies for showing an interest in YOUR well being. May I suggest you read what I post before you hit the sauce next time ?

Airbus A340 Captains and First Officers - View Advert (https://www.maleth-aero.com/careers_pilots.html)

In support of our clients ACMI operation we are currently looking to recruit proactive team-orientated Airbus A340 pilots with high operational standards. You need to be customer focused, possess excellent communication skills and be flexible. You will need to have the right to live and work in the EU.

kendrick47247
30th May 2020, 23:18
I could care less, I'm not a UK tax payer.

I couldn’t care less :ugh: Very, very basic English

Webby737
30th May 2020, 23:37
How many ACMI companies that operate wide bodied aircraft are based in the UK ?
I can't think of any. (although I'm sure someone will correct me)
But look a little further and you have Maleth, HiFly, Air Belgium, Air Atlanta Icelandic etc.