View Full Version : How good is Alliance!!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

morno
20th Jul 2021, 03:05
Morno, all I am going to say is when I went to JQ on the MOU 95% of the people were great, 5% were like you, with encouraging phrases like "skygod's come here to show us how it's done" or "you're taking MY command". I am sick of you are hijacking every thread with your anti-mainline rhetoric, it is like bitching about management pay.

I’m not anti-mainline buddy, in fact I know a number of good guys there and I’m sure the majority of you are.

What I hate though, is the apparent arrogance displayed by a few when something doesn’t go their way, normally flying going to another airline within the group etc.

You work for the Qantas Group FFS. Your managers aren’t there to feather your nests and make it all nice and cosy and let you retire with $10m in Super, they’re there to make money for the group.

Good on you for going to JQ, if I worked there you probably wouldn’t have found that I’d be one of those 5%.

Arthur D
20th Jul 2021, 13:25
So good apparently that the 2 key persons in flight ops have moved on, or been moved on……

https://www.seek.com.au/job/53012138

https://www.seek.com.au/job/53014107

Strike 1 for the men in suits…..

Now it’s time to watch for Greeks (or Irishmen) bearing gifts……

mohikan
1st Aug 2021, 01:15
Ex QF A380 Captain recently checked out in command on the Alliance E-Jet. I wonder if the 'heros' on this forum will have the cojones to say to his face what has been said on this thread. I doubt it.

ScepticalOptomist
1st Aug 2021, 03:16
You work for the Qantas Group FFS. Your managers aren’t there to feather your nests and make it all nice and cosy and let you retire with $10m in Super, they’re there to make money for the group.

Well, for themselves, not so much for “the group”. History doesn’t paint most of the ex QF execs well at all.

davidclarke
1st Aug 2021, 03:29
Ex QF A380 Captain recently checked out in command on the Alliance E-Jet. I wonder if the 'heros' on this forum will have the cojones to say to his face what has been said on this thread. I doubt it.

Good on them!
Getting on with it!

PPRuNeUser0184
1st Aug 2021, 20:15

You may be a bit early on that call....

Dehavillanddriver
1st Aug 2021, 20:46
Any word on who the new senior flight ops managers are?

I assume it will be one of the guys who set up the Embraer operation

lucille
1st Aug 2021, 23:20
Any word on who the new senior flight ops managers are?

I assume it will be one of the guys who set up the Embraer operation

From the ad :

Previous experience as a Fleet Standards Manager or Check Captain in a high capacity RPT airline

Cuts it down to very few possibilities. Ex VA,KA,EK,CX to name a few.

And

Tenacity, professionalism / maturity, sense of urgency, attention to detail, and confidentiality

Pretty much eliminates everyone on PPRuNe 🤪

mohikan
1st Aug 2021, 23:50
I know of at least two ex managers from QF mainline who have applied. Both have extensive experience and are tertiary educated in relevant disciplines.

Spoke to the A380 Captain yesterday. No-one has said boo to him yet about him being in Alliance. Quite the opposite actually, he has been welcomed with open arms.

Good to see that moral courage only exists on an anonymous BBS. As I thought it would.

PPRuNeUser0184
2nd Aug 2021, 20:44
I know of at least two ex managers from QF mainline who have applied. Both have extensive experience and are tertiary educated in relevant disciplines.

Spoke to the A380 Captain yesterday. No-one has said boo to him yet about him being in Alliance. Quite the opposite actually, he has been welcomed with open arms.

Good to see that moral courage only exists on an anonymous BBS. As I thought it would.

Let it go man......

hillbillybob
3rd Aug 2021, 00:07
Could be tough times for the bravo eba

https://twitter.com/ewinhannan/status/1422113539540414469?s=21

t_cas
3rd Aug 2021, 00:23
It is not just Alliance.

Perhaps VA & Gina, have something in common.

Servo
3rd Aug 2021, 03:56
It is not just Alliance.

Perhaps VA & Gina, have something in common.

I saw what you did there.

Love it. Well done.

:}:E:D

Tommy Bahama
3rd Aug 2021, 04:41

Perhaps VA & Gina, have something in common.[/QUOTE]

Very clever!

MelbourneFlyer
18th Aug 2021, 04:26
Executive Traveller has a good review and wrap-up of the QantasLink / Alliance E190 experience: https://www.executivetraveller.com/what-it-s-like-to-fly-on-the-new-qantaslink-embraer-e190

Zhoottoo
30th Aug 2021, 20:35
REX annual results out today and surely it will be a train wreck. The Australian speculating Bain circling to pick up the PAG mess that was never ever going to fly. My money is on Alliance after their record earnings. Makes perfect sense - especially as a low cost capacity provider to VA - and they sure love buying stuff!!The big question among those who will be watching is whether its major shareholder, PAG, continues to support Rex and whether the National Party will also stand behind the national carrier.

Others wonder whether Bain Capital may swoop after last year acquiring Virgin Australia out of voluntary administration......

SHVC
30th Aug 2021, 20:41
Bain already have an airline. I would think they would want to grow that one already. PAG May have to keep on keeping.

jdmg
21st Oct 2021, 10:37
Does anyone know what the Salary for a FO is at Alliance?

BravoSierraLima
22nd Oct 2021, 01:10
I heard $110k for FO, $160k for captain. Overtime starts at 55 hours per roster at $180/hr for FOs. Hiring type rated (and vaccinated) crew into Darwin, Townsville and Adelaide. Rumours persist of a Brisbane E jet base soon but being a popular base there'll be a wait for it. Third hand info, being a rumour forum.

ThunderstormFactory
22nd Oct 2021, 01:38
And are they still not hiring Airnorth pilots?

galdian
22nd Oct 2021, 01:47
I heard $110k for FO, $160k for captain. Overtime starts at 55 hours per roster at $180/hr for FOs. Hiring type rated (and vaccinated) crew into Darwin, Townsville and Adelaide. Rumours persist of a Brisbane E jet base soon but being a popular base there'll be a wait for it. Third hand info, being a rumour forum.

Just an honest Q: the E jet wasn't the most common type in Oz, where are Alliance finding all these pilots with E jet ratings magically appearing on their Oz licences?

BravoSierraLima
22nd Oct 2021, 02:07
AirNorth appear from the outside to have enough E jet pilots to operate that part of their schedule, so it would seem like the "gentlemen's agreement" is being honoured. I suppose a big question those crews might ask themselves is: should you jump to Alliance when the Qantas flying is currently a 3 year deal, especially if you don't want to move away from Darwin at the end of it? Lots of variables for an individual of course.

I probably should have been clearer, Alliance are advertising for type rated & vaccinated crew on their website. No idea if they're getting any yet. Lots of younger Australians in the USA flying E jets who might be ready to come home, former VA crews or miscellaneous others with the requirements and work rights for Australia.

smiling monkey
22nd Oct 2021, 13:01
Does anyone know what the Salary for a FO is at Alliance?

Not enough! I hear Cobham pays their Ejet pilots substantially more.

itchy_feet
23rd Oct 2021, 11:12
Not enough! I hear Cobham pays their Ejet pilots substantially more.

$110-120K for FO depending on years of service and $185k for Capt.

74world
24th Oct 2021, 04:18
AirNorth appear from the outside to have enough E jet pilots to operate that part of their schedule, so it would seem like the "gentlemen's agreement" is being honoured. I suppose a big question those crews might ask themselves is: should you jump to Alliance when the Qantas flying is currently a 3 year deal, especially if you don't want to move away from Darwin at the end of it? Lots of variables for an individual of course.

I probably should have been clearer, Alliance are advertising for type rated & vaccinated crew on their website. No idea if they're getting any yet. Lots of younger Australians in the USA flying E jets who might be ready to come home, former VA crews or miscellaneous others with the requirements and work rights for Australia.

so, Alliance is getting 32 E190 for a 3 years contract ? 😲

BravoSierraLima
24th Oct 2021, 07:36
In my opinion, Alliance are getting 32 (so far) E190 to replace their Fokker fleet in the longer run. The revenue from flying 12 or so aircraft on QF routes for 3 or so years would be swallowed faster than the first beer after a 10 sector mail run in the wet season. The E190s purchased are 14ish years old, for comparison the youngest B717 is 15 years old. QF are aiming to place firm orders for replacement regional/mainline narrowbody fleets within 9 months, for deliveries starting in 2 years time...once they get what they can accept out of the pilot groups involved, of course. But both Alliance and QF would be keeping options up their sleeve, the 3 year deal is flexible and can be varied without penalty, according to QF management (yeah, I know).

Icarus2001
24th Oct 2021, 12:46
so, Alliance is getting 32 E190 for a 3 years contract ? 😲 No, see above.

Only twelve - fourteen “announced” for QF flying.

https://australianaviation.com.au/2021/02/qantas-ups-domestic-capacity-with-alliance-e190-deal/

DanV2
25th Oct 2021, 00:12
REX annual results out today and surely it will be a train wreck. The Australian speculating Bain circling to pick up the PAG mess that was never ever going to fly. My money is on Alliance after their record earnings. Makes perfect sense - especially as a low cost capacity provider to VA - and they sure love buying stuff!!The big question among those who will be watching is whether its major shareholder, PAG, continues to support Rex and whether the National Party will also stand behind the national carrier.

Others wonder whether Bain Capital may swoop after last year acquiring Virgin Australia out of voluntary administration......

Only possibility I could see Bain getting involved in PAG's REX is that if REX's jet division files liquidation. One of the few things that are valuable would likely be airport slots, that's pretty much it.

777's Bonza may be a dark horse for RexJet but extremely unlikely.

I don't think Bain would be interested in picking up the leases of the former VA 738s at REX considering it was reported at least half of that fleet were the least reliable of the 738s when they were in the VA Mk1 fleet.

jdmg
25th Oct 2021, 13:09
Thanks for the info. Real helpful!

jdmg
25th Oct 2021, 13:11
$110-120K for FO depending on years of service and $185k for Capt.
thanks! I'll look into that.

SHVC
25th Oct 2021, 21:11
Rex has no slots for its 73 if I’ve read correctly they’re relying on unused international. SAAB slots are not transferable. Bonza have already stated they’re not flying into Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane giving it being another LCC only way they could fly into those places would be if they joined with Bain.

ThunderstormFactory
6th Nov 2021, 05:48
Where did the Bravo EBA disappear to?

Goat Whisperer
8th Nov 2021, 00:39
Bonza have already stated they’re not flying into Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane

Slight correction. Bonza won't fly between Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. They are not avoiding the three biggest population centres, they're just not competing on the triangle routes.

Hervey Bay to MEL or SYD would be well within their scope.

Stationair8
10th Dec 2021, 04:29
Announcement on the ASX, that they are going to build a major maintenance base in Rockhampton.

Icarus2001
10th Apr 2022, 02:59
The Townsville Refueller mentioned that the inflow of pilots has an equally rapid outflow. Any word?

TinFoilhat2
10th Apr 2022, 05:57
A mate who works there says there have been ‘Crisis meetings’ and they lost 9 or 10 pilots over the last month plus all the Virgin guys are going back soon…

pinkpanther1
10th Apr 2022, 08:25
A mate who works there says there have been ‘Crisis meetings’ and they lost 9 or 10 pilots over the last month plus all the Virgin guys are going back soon…

Where are all these folks going? Heading back overseas or all to Virgin? I didnt realise Alliance had so many ex virgin guys.

TinFoilhat2
10th Apr 2022, 09:44
Where are all these folks going? Heading back overseas or all to Virgin? I didnt realise Alliance had so many ex virgin guys.

Well all that matters is that lots of pilots are leaving and they are deep in the **** apparently. Lots of pilots are doing the E3 option and probably not coming back anytime soon.

morno
10th Apr 2022, 09:45
Maybe if they paid decent coin……

Karunch
10th Apr 2022, 09:58
Or put pilots where they want to be based....

davidclarke
10th Apr 2022, 10:23

There will be a number of Australian airlines with pilot shortages come next year if they don’t start paying reasonable rates.

Cobham, Airnorth, EFA, alliance to name a few will start to feel the pinch as the world opens up. And their execs will blame everyone but themselves…

morno
10th Apr 2022, 10:40
Agreed.

I would genuinely look at Alliance if they were closer to $200k mark for a captain

Icarus2001
11th Apr 2022, 02:30
Or put pilots where they want to be based....

I never really understand this. If an employer says, would you you like a job at base X flying aircraft A, then you either say yes or no. If you take the job why do pilots feel they can complain that they want to be at base Y or on aircraft B? Now if at the time of offer a base or fleet change was offered/hinted/suggested/dangled then fair enough but if you get what you were offered then I cannot see pilots have a recourse to complain. Of course we will, because we can.
I imagine the three choices of Adelaide, Darwin or Townsville are becoming less attractive as the market shifts to supply shortages of pilots?

Derfred
11th Apr 2022, 04:27
I never really understand this. If an employer says, would you you like a job at base X flying aircraft A, then you either say yes or no. If you take the job why do pilots feel they can complain that they want to be at base Y or on aircraft B?

Who said anything about complaining?

The point was made that pilots are leaving for better jobs with better coin and/or better location.

If the employer wants to keep them, then the employer has the choice to make the job more attractive.

What don't you understand about that?

bazza stub
11th Apr 2022, 10:40
Is there any truth to the rumour that Alliance may be getting the A-220 if NJS pilots reject the PEA on offer?

Going Nowhere
11th Apr 2022, 10:47
The way QF operate these days, I wouldn't rule anything out. After all, Alliance are pretty much doing with the Ejet what NJS were doing as far back as the 146 days.

Karunch
11th Apr 2022, 10:52
I why do pilots feel they can complain that they want to be at base Y or on aircraft B?

They aren't complaining, they are leaving.

Hopefully this is the start of professional mobility and its associated remuneration benefits within the pilot profession.

HappyBandit
11th Apr 2022, 12:20
The way QF operate these days, I wouldn't rule anything out. After all, Alliance are pretty much doing with the Ejet what NJS were doing as far back as the 146 days.

Why would QF purchase A220 only to lease them to Alliance to operate. That makes little business sense.

Icarus2001
11th Apr 2022, 12:55
Qantas have not announced that they are buying A220 aircraft, they have announced that by the end of this year they will make an announcement about possibly buying A220 aircraft. Big difference.

Derfred
11th Apr 2022, 13:37
Qantas have not announced that they are buying A220 aircraft, they have announced that by the end of this year they will make an announcement about possibly buying A220 aircraft. Big difference.

Close.

Subject to Board approval, we expect to finalise the order for our domestic fleet renewal with Airbus – a decade long program that we call Project Winton – by mid calendar year. (my bold)

https://simpleflying.com/qantas-plans-finalize-domestic-airbus-order-mid-2022/

Icarus2001
11th Apr 2022, 22:56
As I said, BY THE END of this year.

Shall we revisit this topic when and if they order, then again if they do not convert the order into a different Airbus type, maybe A350?

History: Orange Q, all business class in Malaysia, Jetstar HK, Jetstar Vietnam…

Edited to add….https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/qantas-selects-airbus-as-preferred-aircraft-for-domestic-fleet-renewal/

Alice Kiwican
12th Apr 2022, 11:37
I found it interesting recently when looking at flying to Newcastle you could choose Virgin or QF but both flights are operated by Alliance. The choice then is F100 (Virgin) or E190 ( QF).

Icarus2001
17th Apr 2022, 01:24
More resignations this week apparently. Word of a sign on bonus but I cannot see how that helps. Stay six months then still leave.

Trigger Happy
17th Apr 2022, 03:42
You don’t understand it because you haven’t a clue as to what’s actually happening.

CharlieLimaX-Ray
17th Apr 2022, 05:09
Four pilots resigned from the Darwin base over the last few weeks, via a reliable source.

Icarus2001
17th Apr 2022, 05:22
You don’t understand it because you haven’t a clue as to what’s actually happening. Well feel free to educate me (us).

gordonfvckingramsay
17th Apr 2022, 06:31
Sign on bonus is a short term incentive that only works if the company is worth staying with and there are no other options. Neither of which are true here.

Dewa_Gede_70
17th Apr 2022, 08:41
Four pilots resigned from the Darwin base over the last few weeks, via a reliable source.

That would be Adelaide base

PoppaJo
17th Apr 2022, 09:04
As a Darwin base captain once told me ‘People are leaving before they have even arrived’.

galdian
17th Apr 2022, 11:34
Honest Q as an outsider: always had the impression Alliance were (arguably) one of the better - if not top - options outside the majors. Bearing in mind that NOTHING - even QF! - is perfect.

Have I been conned or are things really heading south?

If heading south what's changed?

Cheers

SHSS
18th Apr 2022, 20:58
Honest Q as an outsider: always had the impression Alliance were (arguably) one of the better - if not top - options outside the majors. Bearing in mind that NOTHING - even QF! - is perfect.

Have I been conned or are things really heading south?

If heading south what's changed?

Cheers

I think its more the case that other opportunities are becoming available. What was a terrific opportunity in the middle of a crisis 12 months ago is suddenly viewed differently by some.

grrowler
18th Apr 2022, 21:59
I think its more the case that other opportunities are becoming available. What was a terrific opportunity in the middle of a crisis 12 months ago is suddenly viewed differently by some.
I think some did see it as a terrific opportunity to use a crisis to get hold of highly experienced crew on crappy contracts and treat them with disdain.

SHSS
18th Apr 2022, 23:54
I think some did see it as a terrific opportunity to use a crisis to get hold of highly experienced crew on crappy contracts and treat them with disdain.

I agree, but I was answering a question about Alliance 'heading south'. I think its more the case that other organisations are now heading north and some good opportunities exist.

Angle of Attack
19th Apr 2022, 09:35
The Rats are now fleeing the the Ratsack infected airline known as Alliance which used a crisis the disrespect experienced pilots. This is comedy gold, just had a mate leave today heading off overseas to quadruple his income living in Florida.

Mugsgame
20th Apr 2022, 10:32
Not really. I'm not sure much changed. Their standard recruit went from a 25yr old turbo prop guy, to a 10-20,000hr widebody jet pilot. I'm not sure the offer changed, but the desperation of experienced pilots did. Now, things are very rapidly changing. With so many opportunities out there, the average wage/average days off package is wearing thin. Plus, no-one wants to live in Darwin, which from all reports (recent interviews) seems to be the growing base.
I fail to see how they will get anywhere near the numbers they need.
457's by July is my bet.

PoppaJo
20th Apr 2022, 12:09
I have noticed and been told by others from personal experience, in that executive teams think they have a leg up, or a close grip on the Pilot profession at the moment. We own you, and you need us, sort of culture springs to mind. If your not happy, we don’t care, this is how we operate, just be quiet and be grateful we gave you a job. The whole thing about culture need not matter because you Pilots are so desperate for a job at the moment and you will never leave us, is false. God help the poor bodies who push for a improvement in any terms on offer, they will send you to the trashcan.

Rex is another example and I find it amusing when JS whinges to the press when all his staff quit, especially his cadets which he thinks he ‘owned’ have packed up and accepted a better offer.

Icarus2001
21st Apr 2022, 03:51
As someone pointed out above, pilots are not “pushing for an improvement in the terms on offer”, they are just resigning. Sometimes within weeks of being checked to line.

MBA747
21st Apr 2022, 04:32
Well there are a number of experienced Ex Alliance F100 Captains presently in Australia. So if Alliance is really short of Captains they should contact them, some already have Airbus and Boeing experience from overseas which could be of use later on. I'm sure their email addresses have not changed. However offering them FO slots will not get them any where.

grrowler
21st Apr 2022, 23:22
Not really. I'm not sure much changed. Their standard recruit went from a 25yr old turbo prop guy, to a 10-20,000hr widebody jet pilot. I'm not sure the offer changed, but the desperation of experienced pilots did. Now, things are very rapidly changing. With so many opportunities out there, the average wage/average days off package is wearing thin. Plus, no-one wants to live in Darwin, which seems to be the growing base.
457's by July is my bet.
If they didn’t need experienced pilots to set up their “airline like” operation, why not just continue to hire 25 year olds? Otherwise I agree…

Icarus2001
22nd Apr 2022, 03:37
457's by July is my bet. We hear this a lot. Where is this pool of pilots waiting to come to Australia on 457 visas when the rest of the world is hiring?

The first sentence sounds right though.

BuzzBox
22nd Apr 2022, 05:48
Where is this pool of pilots waiting to come to Australia on 457 visas when the rest of the world is hiring?

I fail to see any justification for the grant of 457 visas when there are highly-experienced airline pilots already in Australia who have been denied employment opportunities because they don't have certain type ratings.

Icarus2001
24th Apr 2022, 15:36
No argument from me on that point, I just don’t think there is a pool of pilots ready to flood our market, maybe a trickle. Nothing that will fill the vacancies that exist now and are in the pipeline.

pinkpanther1
24th Apr 2022, 22:36
No argument from me on that point, I just don’t think there is a pool of pilots ready to flood our market, maybe a trickle. Nothing that will fill the vacancies that exist now and are in the pipeline.

It's an interesting point you make, is the pilot shortage that's been predicted finally coming in 2023? If so it might swing conditions in favour of the pilots and reverse the damage that covid has allowed companies to capitalise on.

TimmyTee
25th Apr 2022, 02:15
There’s a pool of ~400 recently made redundant pilots already IN Australia (and NZ) with jet RPT experience. Insane if a government allows 457s while they remain available

t_cas
25th Apr 2022, 03:49
There’s a pool of ~400 recently made redundant pilots already IN Australia (and NZ) with jet RPT experience. Insane if a government allows 457s while they remain available

The fact that this list even exists, should surely force pilot to be removed from the shortage of skilled workers list that the government maintains. ….

Duck Pilot
25th Apr 2022, 07:08
There is currently a pilot shortage, and the problem is only going to get worse in my opinion.

Age is becoming an issue now for anyone near or over 65, it’s a bugger however it’s the world we live in now.

airdualbleedfault
25th Apr 2022, 08:58
They weren't all Australian Timmy and quite a few of them are career expats. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were close to 200

BuzzBox
25th Apr 2022, 11:18
They weren't all Australian Timmy and quite a few of them are career expats. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were close to 200

So what it they're 'career expats'? They are Australian citizens, with (presumably) Australian licence qualifications and truck loads of experience. There's at least 100 ex-CX guys & gals, plus a bunch more from KA, EK, QR, CZ and others. The CX pilots alone have over 2,000 'man-years' of experience between them.

PoppaJo
25th Apr 2022, 11:46
A CX mate of mine is 60 and won’t do Darwin or Adelaide as the wife and kids refuse to move, again. Has a government job and is happy doing that. I think you will find many in that boat and await opportunities in the cities, I know another who is many years younger, but again, doesn’t want to live in those places. Applied for the CAE Bonza job instead.

Perhaps Alliance should open a Melbourne and Sydney base. Probably the way the industry bases will be going in the longer run, won’t see much outside the big cities, perhaps Cairns and that’s it.

tossbag
25th Apr 2022, 23:55
if the Airline is paying a housing/mortgage assistance allowance 😂

:D :} :}

This site keeps coming up with the funniest stuff!

t_cas
26th Apr 2022, 00:50
:D :} :}

This site keeps coming up with the funniest stuff!

The truth can be stranger than fiction….

unobtanium
26th Apr 2022, 01:13

for a group that hate's 457's its ironic they call themselve's expat's while basically doing the same thing to locals in other country's.
ever seen an asian/middle eastern/indian expat in australia? of course not, they are from 3rd world countrie's and therefore should be labled immigrant's/scabs, even though many of them hold proper professional jobs.

Red69
26th Apr 2022, 01:24
for a group that hate's 457's its ironic they call themselve's expat's while basically doing the same thing to locals in other country's.
ever seen an asian/middle eastern/indian expat in australia? of course not, they are from 3rd world countrie's and therefore should be labled immigrant's/scabs, even though many of them hold proper professional jobs.

LOL! Amazing and very relevant reply. Of course us westerners will justify it as 'being highly skilled' and 'we're there to show them how it's done', however 'they're taking our jobs' if easterners come here to work in the roles that locals don't want to. The term 'Expat' needs to disappear. I wonder if Aussies are being referred to as 'expats' in the USA? Pretty sure they're being referred to as E3 visa holders.

t_cas
26th Apr 2022, 02:34

Big difference in working as an Expatriate (mercenary wages) vs moving for life in a “better” (relative) country and calling it home, whilst undercutting local market wages.

unobtanium
26th Apr 2022, 03:33
Big difference in working as an Expatriate (mercenary wages) vs moving for life in a “better” (relative) country and calling it home, whilst undercutting local market wages.

both displace local's who lost the opportunity to be skilled up, don't cry when expatriate pilot's come and take your job's while you expat elsewhere

BuzzBox
26th Apr 2022, 03:42
both displace local's who lost the opportunity to be skilled up, don't cry when expatriate pilot's come and take your job's while you expat elsewhere

That comment is utter baloney and it shows a complete lack of understanding of the reasons foreign airlines recruit expat pilots. Other countries have visa restrictions too and the local immigration authorities will not issue employment visas unless companies can show they can't find suitable people in the local employment market. In Hong Kong, for example, there are not enough people interested in the job and the local airlines have never been able to recruit sufficient numbers in the local employment market to meet their needs.

morno
26th Apr 2022, 04:01

I can assure you that companies overseas don’t just hire expats for ****s and giggles, and the thought that you are displacing locals in those cases are simply not true.

In most cases, expats are being paid far above the locals. Now tell me, what company on earth would be doing that if they could avoid it by paying locals?

You appear to have little idea about what you are talking about.

Chronic Snoozer
26th Apr 2022, 04:24
ever seen an asian/middle eastern/indian expat in australia?

Yep. Local GP clinics have plenty.

Lead Balloon
26th Apr 2022, 04:48
Australia's public health system and aged care facilities would collapse, but for all those asian/middle eastern/indian among other expats.

t_cas
26th Apr 2022, 05:18

Apart from the incorrect assumption that I am an expat, the other responses seem to illuminate the shortcomings of the assessment.

Icarus2001
26th Apr 2022, 05:20
Well that is all very interesting but nothing in there is stopping the cancellation of flights due to lack of pilots. A very real shortage right now, not a potential future shortage.

t_cas
26th Apr 2022, 05:20
Australia's public health system and aged care facilities would collapse, but for all those asian/middle eastern/indian among other expats.

And hence the reduced uptake in the medical field due to the lowered risk reward equation. AHPRA even seem to have been infiltrated by bureaucrats. A bit like CASA. Government agendas in both industry.

smiling monkey
26th Apr 2022, 11:25
I wonder if Aussies are being referred to as 'expats' in the USA? Pretty sure they're being referred to as E3 visa holders.

The official term used by the yanks is 'Alien' and I kid you not.

galdian
26th Apr 2022, 11:53
The official term used by the yanks is 'Alien' and I kid you not.

As was (is?) the term used for expats with residence rights in Japan, you obtained Alien Registration.

Gnadenburg
26th Apr 2022, 20:55

Worthy of a separate thread if you are so troubled? Expats of my generation left Australia as the boys and girls here, started paying for their endorsements. Often as an expat, I didn’t even get a FO in the RHS of a wide body. They were called Second Officers
and had under 200 hours. Many were very sharp, it still took five plus years and excessive training resources to get them to command standard.

457 visas in Australia at the moment for pilots would be wrong. We have a skills shortage with where the economy needs to go, but not for pilots.

Now back on topic. Alliance has a pilot retention issue despite the most significant labour correction in aviation since WW2. It would be interesting to know why?

neville_nobody
26th Apr 2022, 22:35
Now back on topic. Alliance has a pilot retention issue despite the most significant labour correction in aviation since WW2. It would be interesting to know why?

If you were talking about management then the answer is they aren’t paying enough, but since it’s staff then obviously there is a skills shortage.

Mrs441
24th May 2022, 09:12
Currently a survey pilot in NSW/VIC with over 1500hrs C441/B200 types :ok:.

Considering making the big change to the airlines up north with Airnorth and Alliance being an option with the current recruitment drive happening.
Also the option of the States is looking promising.

Just after some confirmation before I make some decisions on the change that you cant move from Airnorth to Alliance Airlines due to an unwritten agreement between the two companies?
Possibly tied in with the Alliance UK visa pilot fiasco, I have heard this rumour from a few of the boys up north.

Has anyone got any experience with these 2 airlines or any recommendations.

havick
24th May 2022, 12:33

Considering making the big change to the airlines up north with Airnorth and Alliance being an option with the current recruitment drive happening.

Just after some confirmation before I make some decisions on the change that you cant move from Airnorth to Alliance Airlines due to an unwritten agreement between the two companies?
Possibly tied in with the Alliance UK visa pilot fiasco, I have heard this rumour from a few of the boys up north.

Goto the States and don’t look back!

Pendingclearancehaha
24th May 2022, 14:10

I think there is heaps of opportunities Air North is screaming for pilots however consider your options you don’t want to come to Air North if you can’t go to Alliance afterwards

JoeTripodi
24th May 2022, 15:42
Joining either of those companies will be an extension of your time in GA.

Icarus2001
23rd Feb 2023, 00:29
Qantas and Alliance agreement increased from 18 to 30 aircraft...

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02634982-2A1432590?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a39ff4

Capn Bloggs
23rd Feb 2023, 01:02
"I have the Fokker (s) in my sights!". :)

Gnadenburg
23rd Feb 2023, 02:59
That’s a lot more pilots needed. Not without its challenges in the current market.

Johnny_56
23rd Feb 2023, 04:15
What’s the feeling about whether Qantas will get the rest of Alliance? I think the determination is due in March. I’ve heard mixed opinions.

Australia2
23rd Feb 2023, 04:30
In the context of the above it gets even more interesting . . . . .

HappyBandit
23rd Feb 2023, 05:37
My money is on that they won't but Alliance will increase services instead.

soseg
23rd Feb 2023, 08:10
What’s the feeling about whether Qantas will get the rest of Alliance? I think the determination is due in March. I’ve heard mixed opinions.

Name one thing good that would come of it?

The work and promotions will go to whoever offers to do it for less between Alliance, NAA and NJS.

steelcraft
26th Feb 2023, 22:07
They just purchased another 30 jets. First delivery in September

Icarus2001
26th Feb 2023, 22:34
Todays ASX release about thirty new aircraft to be sourced…

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02636740-2A1433489?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a39ff4

Gnadenburg
26th Feb 2023, 23:31
Can you train to cater for both high attrition and major expansion? Two Captains resigning on the same day an indication of crewing challenges ahead for Australian regional carriers.

1A_Please
27th Feb 2023, 00:06
They just purchased another 30 jets. First delivery in September
Probably coming from MESA who recently announced it was ceasing contract flying for AA. They'll have got them quite cheaply particularly as some must be pretty old as Alliance plans to scrap some of them for ongoing parts.

Going Nowhere
27th Feb 2023, 00:32
Probably coming from MESA who recently announced it was ceasing contract flying for AA. They'll have got them quite cheaply particularly as some must be pretty old as Alliance plans to scrap some of them for ongoing parts.

Mesa have 170’s. Sounds like Jetblue who have early model 190’s leased from AerCap.

parishiltons
27th Feb 2023, 02:54
Agree. JetBlue is the only US operator of E190s who have 30 or more of them in their fleet. Noting that they were the launch customer for the type and all are due to be retired by 2026. Hope Alliance does a thorough refurb - mechanically and the cabin fit out - before we start paying Qantas prices to fly in them! Why do we seem to end up with other peoples' castoffs - lack of airline competition in Australia?

ebt
27th Feb 2023, 03:40
Agree. JetBlue is the only US operator of E190s who have 30 or more of them in their fleet. Noting that they were the launch customer for the type and all are due to be retired by 2026. Hope Alliance does a thorough refurb - mechanically and the cabin fit out - before we start paying Qantas prices to fly in them! Why do we seem to end up with other peoples' castoffs - lack of airline competition in Australia?

Simple economics - the ownership costs are low compared to new build, and that means you don't need to work them as hard as the new jets, ie A220s. Alliance perfected the model by buying Fokkers for very little money, and although they need some looking after, for most of their flying to and from minesites once, or perhaps twice, a day, it works. They also now have a stack of potential spares to harvest from and the sim, both of which support the in-service fleet and are a trading/services opportunity down the track. There is a decent market for greentime CF34 engines, so good luck to them.

The only downside I can see is that the JBLU frames come with a pretty bad reputation, but other sources tell me that the E190s aren't that well suited to intense airline operations like a 737 or A320, so maybe it will be just fine in Alliance/QLink colours?

longlegs
14th Apr 2023, 02:31
Get set on Thursday 20th April for a MAFs style reveal of QF and QQs future.

Will it be the ACCC chaperone announcing "happily ever after" or "straight back to Tinder"?

1540 days to seal the deal (or not) is a long time to wait!!!

Media Releases
QANTAS ACQUIRES 19.9 PER CENT STAKE IN ALLIANCE AIRLINES
Sydney
Published on 1st February 2019The Qantas Group has taken a 19.9 per cent shareholding of Australian-based charter operator, Alliance Airlines.

Alliance Airlines is a significant service provider to the resources sector, which continues to stimulate travel demand in Western Australia and Queensland in particular. Alliance is a profitable, well-managed business with high levels of operational maturity. It is also a long-term provider to the Qantas Group and flies regional services on behalf of the national carrier.

The 19.9 per cent stake was acquired for an average price of $2.40 per share and for a total cost of $60 million.

Qantas expects to ultimately seek regulatory approval from the ACCC to build on its current shareholding, with a longer-term view of taking a majority position in Alliance Airlines in order to better serve the charter market by unlocking synergies.

In the meantime, Qantas is supportive of the ‘business as usual’ approach of Alliance Airlines management and is not seeking Board representation.

© The Official News Room of Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 661 901

PoppaJo
14th Apr 2023, 05:50
Does Virgin cut all ties with Alliance should the deal get approved? What is the other option for Virgin on intra Queensland, and some other routes they use Alliance on. They don’t have an aircraft suitable for the mission in the 100 seat range. That was one of the four main points the ACCC raised last year, the impact to current lease contracts with other airlines.

belongamick
14th Apr 2023, 05:54
If only VA had a 100 seat regional jet of it's own...

Maybe they could stick some seats into the Pionair 146's or get some more E2's. Can't take more than what, 12 months to get it up to speed :ugh:

HappyBandit
19th Apr 2023, 11:39
Tomorrow is the day...what we thinking? Yay or nay?

I also see they're advertising for drivers again. What happened to the 10s of applicants from other places whom are yet to hear outcome from interviews?

Zinfandel
19th Apr 2023, 11:51
Tomorrow is the day...what we thinking? Yay or nay?

I also see they're advertising for drivers again. What happened to the 10s of applicants from other places whom are yet to hear outcome from interviews?

It will be a yay.

All the operators who will be in a position to pick up the extra work from Virgin Australia supported the proposal.

Skippy69
19th Apr 2023, 23:25
Negative y'all.

HappyBandit
19th Apr 2023, 23:45
Negative y'all.

I'm kind of glad it didn't go ahead tbh. Qantas are monopolising. Competition is a good thing.

gordonfvckingramsay
20th Apr 2023, 00:07
I'm kind of glad it didn't go ahead tbh. Qantas are monopolising. Competition is a good thing.

It also removes the option of yet another BU to use as a wedge to force conditions down. A very good decision.

Icarus2001
20th Apr 2023, 00:24
I have to say I am surprised. I wonder what Plan B is?

Gnadenburg
20th Apr 2023, 00:25
Good decision. From a pilot perspective, the near complete monopoly of airline careers QF would have had with a takeover was not right. We have already seen paranoid pilots resigning from Alliance to protect their QF aspirations against rumoured anti-poaching deals. That’s an industrial monopoly!

morno
20th Apr 2023, 00:25
I reckon NJS or Network is about to get a whole lot bigger….

Skippy69
20th Apr 2023, 00:29
With new EBA's coming up around the country within Alliance, without Qantas looming, hopefully a good deal can be struck.

dr dre
20th Apr 2023, 00:31

Well they can just continue to wet lease aircraft from Alliance can’t they? Under the same provisions as the current 18 (soon to be 30) E-jets, they just wet lease more.

I reckon NJS or Network is about to get a whole lot bigger….

Right now they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel and can’t even get more than single digit application numbers - unless they beg for a mass of 457s.

brokenagain
20th Apr 2023, 00:35
The big winners from this are the Alliance crew who won’t have career progression hamstrung by being one of the QF subsidiaries, and NJS crew.

Right now they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel and can’t even get more than single digit application numbers

This is a major problem across the entire group probably apart from mainline. AJ and co have made the entire place an undesirable place to work.

Blitzkrieger
20th Apr 2023, 00:56
So summing up:

QF have just lost their attempt to increase their strangle hold on aviation in Australia. The protracted attacks on pay and conditions have made, not just the company but the industry, so undesirable that they cannot attract staff the way they used to. There are alternative industries popping up who are light years ahead in regard to staff treatment. Their answer to the staff shortages will be to try attracting foreign labour into a country where the downward pressure on T&C’s is nicely juxtaposed with the spiralling upward pressure in the cost of living, thus making Oz unattractive. Massive (finally) investment in fleet renewal requiring unprecedented expenditure, but also a huge increase in staff numbers. I don’t see how this period can end well for QF.

PoppaJo
20th Apr 2023, 01:26
I’m not. They clearly would have known this was coming, surely. I mean, the hints the Chair gave away in her speech to the National Press Club the other week, read between the lines, I did.

Plan B, involves the removal of Alan, and focusing on its three core businesses, Link, Star and Roo. This is a good outcome for the good people in those businesses. Was another distraction the business was about to be left with.

Led Zep
20th Apr 2023, 01:35
Just how far do the QF Tentacles spread in Australian Aviation?

Qantas Mainline
Jetstar
Former Cobham Airline Services 717 operation
Jet Connect
Network Aviation
Eastern Airlines
Sunstate Airlines
Express Freighters Australia

Is Air North still under the influence?

I think the right decision has been made. Give it twelve months and I'm sure Qantas will have strong armed Alliance into the brand. I don't think they like being told no. Especially by a pesky Government government department whom they have given fancy lounge memberships to. :=

meatbomb01
20th Apr 2023, 12:41
I’m not. They clearly would have known this was coming, surely. I mean, the hints the Chair gave away in her speech to the National Press Club the other week, read between the lines, I did.

Plan B, involves the removal of Alan, and focusing on its three core businesses, Link, Star and Roo. This is a good outcome for the good people in those businesses. Was another distraction the business was about to be left with.

I’m more interested in what plan B is for Alliance. Get the feeling they were putting all their eggs in one basket with QF. Now what?

SOPS
20th Apr 2023, 14:15
So summing up:

QF have just lost their attempt to increase their strangle hold on aviation in Australia. The protracted attacks on pay and conditions have made, not just the company but the industry, so undesirable that they cannot attract staff the way they used to. There are alternative industries popping up who are light years ahead in regard to staff treatment. Their answer to the staff shortages will be to try attracting foreign labour into a country where the downward pressure on T&C’s is nicely juxtaposed with the spiralling upward pressure in the cost of living, thus making Oz unattractive. Massive (finally) investment in fleet renewal requiring unprecedented expenditure, but also a huge increase in staff numbers. I don’t see how this period can end well for QF.

I feel sorry for whoever takes over, after Alan leaves with 24 million bonus in his pocket for doing an “ amazing job”.. the investment the new CEO will be required to do will be huge!!

Going Nowhere
20th Apr 2023, 21:55
I’m more interested in what plan B is for Alliance. Get the feeling they were putting all their eggs in one basket with QF. Now what?

Likely the Ejet’s could be used to replace the older Fokker’s.

A number of the next batch of Ejet’s they have signed for are going to be used as spares ships.

I don’t think there’s anything stopping QF from leasing as many Ejet’s from QQ as they want.

Fatguyinalittlecoat
20th Apr 2023, 22:44
I bet it’s stinging Alan a bit that the ACCC won’t even meet his demand for an urgent meeting to “understand” the decision.

BO0M
21st Apr 2023, 00:24
The jungle jets (30) are wet leased to QF for another 9 years and the F100s are mainly VA and FIFO...........Can't see the need for a plan B as it's business as usual.

mates rates
21st Apr 2023, 01:13
So who put up the money for the 30 Ejets? You wouldn’t think Qantas would do that without the Government approval to buy Alliance.

Slippery_Pete
21st Apr 2023, 01:14
I don’t see how this period can end well for QF.

I expect the current CEO doesn’t care one iota how it ends for Qantas. Their entire concern has likely always been maximising the fill of their own pockets before walking out the door. Read Joe Aston’s recent article.

The incoming CEO is walking into a disaster. An incredible CAPEX requirement the likes of which have never been seen. Horrible public sentiment. A completely disengaged, angry workforce. A federal Labor government who are putting a stop to a lot of the industrial bullying. And a vastly inflated share price based on short term profits generated by having largely dysfunctional competition and the ability to limit seats and jack up prices post COVID.

The bubble is going to burst, to be sure to be sure. And the piss-weak board have been complicit. I wonder if, in years to come, this train-wreck will become a learning experience for the finance and corporate sector.

Well done to the ACCC on standing up to them. Perhaps FairWork will grow some balls now too.

markis10
21st Apr 2023, 03:05
The jungle jets (30) are wet leased to QF for another 9 years and the F100s are mainly VA and FIFO...........Can't see the need for a plan B as it's business as usual.

Lets not forget the VA alliance is also up for a final determination with indications of it being denied:

https://www.accc.gov.au/public-registers/authorisations-and-notifications-registers/authorisations-register/virgin-australia-alliance-airlines-0

Johnny_56
21st Apr 2023, 03:36
I vaguely remember Alliance raising capital in 2020 to buy the e-jets. Sold a heap of shares - Qantas bought as many as the could to maintain their holding.

i could be wrong but Alliance paid for the Jungle Jets

BO0M
21st Apr 2023, 03:46
ASX releases are your friend.

https://www2.asx.com.au/markets/trade-our-cash-market/announcements.aqz

unobtanium
21st Apr 2023, 06:23
So i guess the darwin singapore qantas-alliancelink is not going ahead then? or is the regional airline still going to become there next new international airline

PoppaJo
21st Apr 2023, 22:57
Bit rich QF now trying to desperately cite Rex’ support on the deal as why it should be approved.

Rex as per usual, are only supporting it because that is what works for itself. They don’t give a rats about anyone but Rex, nothing to do with what works for consumers, it’s what works for its rocky balance sheet. An opportunity to pick up some Virgin work if approved sounds about right.

BravoSierraLima
22nd Apr 2023, 02:55
DRW-SIN won't go ahead in an E jet (at this stage), but likely to be an A220 route...when NJS become capable of international ops, consistently upgrading FOs or just being able to attract crew. It's possible mainline SH gets some A220-500s, but that model is so far over the horizon that the ore containing the raw materials for the first airframe hasn't even been dug up yet.

Lapon
22nd Apr 2023, 03:11
DRW-SIN won't go ahead in an E jet (at this stage), but likely to be an A220 route...when NJS become capable of international ops, consistently upgrading FOs or just being able to attract crew. It's possible mainline SH gets some A220-500s, but that model is so far over the horizon that the ore containing the raw materials for the first airframe hasn't even been dug up yet.

The A220-500 is not even 'a thing'. It's a thought piece stemming from some airlines indicating a desire for an even larger version of the -300.

Airbus have have clearly said they have no intention of seriously looking at it until the existing 220 programme is far more mature.

I can't see why a potential -500 would go to SH anyway. AJ (and hopefully the entire culture) will be long gone when that day arrives, but it's looking more and more like the SH of today is the NJS of tomorrow.

aussieflyboy
23rd Apr 2023, 00:35
Qantas (NJS) A220 patterns shared by Network Planning:

MEL - DRW - SIN - DRW - MEL
BNE - DRW - SIN - DRW - BNE
MEL - BNE - PER - BNE - MEL
BNE - NAN - BNE
MEL - NAN - MEL
MEL - CNS - PER - CNS - MEL

*Not before northern winter 2024 so subject to change.

Jack D. Ripper
23rd Apr 2023, 07:17
it's looking more and more like the SH of today is the NJS of tomorrow.

That’s right Lapon.

SH looks like a shrinking entity, not enough A321 orders and with no A330 replacement in sight it looks like a narrow body future for a good chunk of the A330 domestic and international flying.

There will be no place to go for current mainline pilots.

Meanwhile the rocket scientists that engineered the crappy NJS agreement are scrambling to fix their greedy screw-up with foreign pilots.

So why can’t AIPA see this?

dr dre
23rd Apr 2023, 07:49
That’s right Lapon.

SH looks like a shrinking entity, not enough A321 orders and with no A330 replacement in sight it looks like a narrow body future for a good chunk of the A330 domestic and international flying.

There will be no place to go for current mainline pilots.

As the other thread has identified, with the published training vacancies and residuals for the next training year, mainline is going full steam ahead. There'll probably be over 150 new SH pilots (a quarter of the establishment) trained over the next FY. And apparently this next FY is the lowest amount of training they'll be doing in a FY out of the next 4 years, so it's all planned to be bigger from now on. None of the planned training over the next 12 months accounts for any of the upcoming A321 or A350 training required.

I think it's an increase from 2000 total flight crew in 2022 to roughly 2700 crew in 2027, so much for a "shrinking entity".....

Beer Baron
23rd Apr 2023, 11:25

BNE - NAN - BNE
MEL - NAN - MEL
Looks as made up as your training vacancies post on another thread.

ShandywithSugar
23rd Apr 2023, 11:35

BNE - NAN - BNE
MEL - NAN - MEL

*Not before northern winter 2024 so subject to change.

You're going to be busy on your home flight simulator with that schedule . Do you use real world ATC too?

aussieflyboy
23rd Apr 2023, 23:52
You're going to be busy on your home flight simulator with that schedule . Do you use real world ATC too?

These are Aircraft Patterns champ. The aircraft will not necessarily fly the whole pattern in 1 day and the crew obviously won’t. The aircraft will overnight (I assume in PER/CNS/DRW).

Where do you think they are going to park 15 A220s in MEL every night?

ShandywithSugar
24th Apr 2023, 00:56
These are Aircraft Patterns champ. The aircraft will not necessarily fly the whole pattern in 1 day and the crew obviously won’t. The aircraft will overnight (I assume in PER/CNS/DRW).

Where do you think they are going to park 15 A220s in MEL every night?

The same place they park 20 B717s now.

aussieflyboy
24th Apr 2023, 01:08
The same place they park 20 B717s now.

and the 9 (so far) extra?

Australia2
25th Apr 2023, 01:26

Finally . . . . A post referencing AIPA (ideally QF management would also be included) as to the demise of the current SH flying.

A top down view would surely prove more productive than the current references to the different alias’s and crew groups forced to operate under the different T&C’s imposed by the employers ?

ONLY that will ultimately fix the current mess that is the QF group domestic situation.

ShandywithSugar
25th Apr 2023, 01:41
and the 9 (so far) extra?

FY29 a lifetime in Aviation.

twentyelevens
25th Apr 2023, 05:04

Finally . . . . A post referencing AIPA (ideally QF management would also be included) as to the demise of the current SH flying.

Whilst these topics are all important, it’d be nice to say “Finally……A post referencing Alliance.” Given the title of the thread and all.

nivsy
26th Apr 2023, 00:23
Picked this up on one of my feeds. Sounds like an interesting flight not.....did it even make Aussie news or did I miss it?

https://viewfromthewing.com/two-sets-of-passengers-removed-after-multiple-fights-break-out-on-the-same-plane/

brokenagain
26th Apr 2023, 02:04
Did the F/A forget to do a ‘Welcome to Country’?

markis10
5th May 2023, 07:14
Woops https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/accc-denies-re-authorisation-of-airline-charter-alliance

no more VA flights

one dollar short
5th May 2023, 07:19
Woops https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/accc-denies-re-authorisation-of-airline-charter-alliance

no more VA flights

yeah. No more co tendering on fifo. Which is currently a few flights out of Perth. This is completely irrelevant to any east coast flying.

Deano969
6th May 2023, 02:27
ACCC had little choice after stopping QF buying QQ

neville_nobody
6th May 2023, 06:47
Woops https://www.accc.gov.au/media-releas...arter-alliance (https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/accc-denies-re-authorisation-of-airline-charter-alliance)

no more VA flights

I guess the Minerals Council of Australia Lobbyist has done his job there……..

Flyer4040
12th May 2023, 05:36
hi
I have an interview coming up with Alliance, any hints as I couldn't find anything on the net?

Thanks Guys

Brakerider
12th May 2023, 06:33
hi
I have an interview coming up with Alliance, any hints as I couldn't find anything on the net?

Thanks Guys

got a CPL? You should be sweet. They aren’t even doing an interview sim anymore

the_rookie
12th May 2023, 06:34

Did they ever?

Flyer4040
14th May 2023, 03:06
haha more than CPL,3000 hrs total and 2000 on jet as FO

Karunch
14th May 2023, 06:06

It used to be that a recommendation from existing crew was all that was required. That system failed when existing crew began recommending their colleagues go elsewhere.

Hard to find a positive word spoken about the place from the line pilots.

dejapoo
14th May 2023, 11:18

Give that bloke an Ibis command !!!!

Capt Fathom
14th May 2023, 11:23
So what is more than a CPL then…?

Icarus2001
15th May 2023, 11:42
Another F100 engine failure this week I hear?

717tech
15th May 2023, 23:34
Another F100 engine failure this week I hear?
Where? When?

puff
20th May 2023, 01:12
Does the E-Jet have EDTO now for HIR/WLG ?

volare_737
20th May 2023, 12:48
Yes !!!

Cessna Master Beta
1st Sep 2023, 10:26
2023 Financial Year Highlights
• Statutory profit before tax: $52.2 million, up from a loss of $7.1 million
• Underlying profit before tax: $56.9 million; up from $45.3 million
• Total revenue from operations: $517.2 million, up $147.8 million
• Underlying operating cash flow of $55.9 million down from $91.8m
• Flight hours have increased by 27,675 to 75,195 with 96% of those hours contracted
aviation services (FIFO and wet lease)
• 33 E190s in Australia at balance date with 31 in operation; and
• Alliance retains a positive outlook for FY2024 with forecast growth in utilisation across
the fleet underpinned by contracted revenue

Seem to be doing Okay. Considering people in this forum said the Ejet would send them broke.

SweetBabyRay
5th Sep 2023, 10:33
Fokkers may have had something to do with that Profit as well.

Skankhunt
5th Sep 2023, 21:26
What’s the time to Command at Alliance? Brizzy base.

SITTINGBULL
9th Sep 2023, 05:22

Good luck getting through the front door asking those sorts of questions

Skankhunt
9th Sep 2023, 05:38
What a helpful reply !

TinFoilhat2
9th Sep 2023, 09:35

You must be a blast to work with!

Mr Mossberg
9th Sep 2023, 09:40
He's probably right though?

TurningFinalRWY36
9th Sep 2023, 15:34
Probably why he is asking on an anonymous forum and not at the interview. terrible replies

PoppaJo
9th Sep 2023, 21:15
Some operators don’t like it when you ask that question. I don’t understand that, and Rex is also the same. I know someone who went for an interview at Rex recently asked how long until they could upgrade to the 737. The question wasn’t answered and the panel went all sour on him. Clowns.

When I worked in recruitment at a previous employer, I’d the candidate didn’t ask me, I would bring up the subject and actively talk about upgrades. Many who go to the US will know how long until they hit a narrowbody before even starting at the regional arm.

Succession planning for most is important and it’s also good for culture. Those two operators above are hardly known for culture.

Going Nowhere
10th Sep 2023, 02:30

Depending on previous experience, it can be as little as 6-12 months post check to line as a F/O. Currently a few who are in the command pool well within that time frame.

That will obviously change if/when they get the numbers up so I certainly wouldn’t be joining with any preconceived ideas in mind.

The above is all reference the Ejet contract.

TinFoilhat2
10th Sep 2023, 05:23
He's probably right though?

I fail to see the problem in asking what the time to command is and if it’s possible to get a Brisbane base. That’s just careful planning as far as I’m concerned.

grrowler
10th Sep 2023, 07:49
Depends on who you know

PoppaJo
10th Sep 2023, 10:49
I fail to see the problem in asking what the time to command is and if it’s possible to get a Brisbane base. That’s just careful planning as far as I’m concerned.
It’s not a problem. It’s a genuine and normal question. It’s just some people who work in recruitment and run these interviews have generally never worked in another industry, especially cadets who then become management. Was the first thing I noticed when I walked into this industry from another. The bizarre creatures that exist in Flight Ops Management.

Pilotwanabe
25th Oct 2023, 13:00
Hi Guys,

Anyone here starting the F100 ground course in March 2024?

beached az
2nd Nov 2023, 01:32
Hi Guys,

Anyone here starting the F100 ground course in March 2024?

Is that the first Allaince ground course in 2024??

BAz :ok: