PDA

View Full Version : Can only download one attachment at a time ...

fantom
17th Apr 2020, 15:20
...without restarting AOL.

If I have more than one email with attachments, trying to download a second attachment results in nothing. Have to exit AOL and re-enter, then I can get it.

What do you think ?

Should add : Windows 10.

jimjim1
17th Apr 2020, 18:58
I know nothing of AOL, other than I will never use it, it was ghastly decades ago and I doubt that the passage of time has improved it much, and you don't say if it ever worked or whether its a web browser or whether you are using a mail app, however:-

Any weirdness with a web browser, clear cache and if that fails cookies, or just do both. You will lose any saved logins when you clear cookies.

Good luck.

fantom
18th Apr 2020, 11:47
Thank you Jim. I did the cookies and cache but it still does not work properly. It used to...

Jhieminga
18th Apr 2020, 20:04
It's been ages since I've used AOL, so I cannot comment on the problem itself. Could you be more specific and explain how your e-mail is set up? Are you accessing it through your browser or are you using a specific e-mail program?

jimjim1
19th Apr 2020, 00:55
Try a different browser, what one are you using.?

google [internet explorer allow multiple downloads]

The results are very version specific and I won't quote any here.

IE has options to set limits on the number of simultaneous downloads. Might be worth checking.

Uninstall and re-install browser. (save bookmarks somewhere that you can recover them from).

Check OS integrity with (admininstrator command window needed as I recall) -

sfc /scannow

???

fantom
19th Apr 2020, 10:36
Thank you again for your kind efforts. Unfortunately, I am unable to comply with your suggestions as I am too thick. I'll just live with it....