PDA

View Full Version : Furloughing in NATS

Ayr-Rage
3rd Apr 2020, 15:42
Oh dear !

"It is particularly disappointing that NATS middle managers in apparent uncoordinated haste are unable to restrain themselves from having inappropriate conversations around the subject at this time."

nodelay
3rd Apr 2020, 16:34
Oh dear !

"It is particularly disappointing that NATS middle managers in apparent uncoordinated haste are unable to restrain themselves from having inappropriate conversations around the subject at this time."

And your point exactly is?

tigerinthenight
3rd Apr 2020, 18:32
What have I missed?

The Fat Controller
3rd Apr 2020, 19:49
If you are a PROSPECT member ask your local rep, I'd avoid your line manager !

I retired a while ago, but Marvin Gaye told me.

Ayr-Rage
7th Apr 2020, 12:53
Things are moving quickly.

Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Implementation (Furlough Agreement) in NATS

Any comments ?

BARRY_SCOTT
7th Apr 2020, 13:20
Where's the quote from post #1 from?

The Fat Controller
7th Apr 2020, 13:54
Post #4 gives you a big clue, Barry.

PS. It wasn't Marvin Gaye.

10th Apr 2020, 10:15
Don't worry, really old bloke got it... if you mean "I heard it through the grapevine".

250 kts
10th Apr 2020, 13:08
Things are moving quickly.

Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Implementation (Furlough Agreement) in NATS

Any comments ?
Tough times for a previously "untouchable" workforce. Hope all are well, but I suspect things will never be quite the same again

mike current
10th Apr 2020, 16:07
Tough times for a previously "untouchable" workforce. Hope all are well, but I suspect things will never be quite the same again

Why should Nats (or ATC in general) be any different?
There is no work and no revenue in the industry at the moment.
By the way, it's not an untouchable workforce. 9/11 and 2008 had an impact. It's just that it's been forgotten about after 10 years of uninterrupted growth.

Gonzo
10th Apr 2020, 16:38
Yes, there were a few managers who had conversations a bit too early, but overall I think NATS has done very well at communicating and treating their staff well.

250 kts
11th Apr 2020, 09:46
Why should Nats (or ATC in general) be any different?
There is no work and no revenue in the industry at the moment.
By the way, it's not an untouchable workforce. 9/11 and 2008 had an impact. It's just that it's been forgotten about after 10 years of uninterrupted growth.

I don't think i suggested we were any different to any other business. We were asked to comment on the actions NATS are taking and I did just that. In terms of untouchable I was merely referring to the fact that all of the other crises we have seen over the last few years that ATCOs have emerged relatively unscathed. How the industry emerges from this is just conjecture at present, but I can't see it being what we have become used to, in the foreseeable future.