PDA

View Full Version : 90 days recent experience

Bobermo
3rd Mar 2020, 18:36
Hi!

I'm having a bit of a struggle with EASA FCL.060 (recent experience) at the moment, maybe anyone here can help me in the right direction.

EASA FCL.060 states:
(b) Aeroplanes, helicopters, powered-lift, airships and sailplanes. A pilot shall not operate an aircraft in commercial air transport or carrying passengers:
(1) as PIC or co-pilot unless he/she has carried out, in the preceding 90 days, at least 3 takeoffs, approaches and landings in an aircraft of the same type or class or an FFS representing that type or class. The 3 take-offs and landings shall be performed in either multi-pilot or single-pilot operations, depending on the privileges held by the pilot;
(2) as PIC at night unless he/she:
(i) has carried out in the preceding 90 days at least 1 take-off, approach and landing at night as a pilot flying in an aircraft of the same type or class or an FFS representing that type or class; or
(ii) holds an IR;

(c) Specific requirements for commercial air transport:
(1) In the case of commercial air transport, the 90-day period prescribed in subparagraphs (b)(1) and (2) above may be extended up to a maximum of 120 days, as long as the pilot undertakes line flying under the supervision of a type rating instructor or examiner. (2) When the pilot does not comply with the requirement in (1), he/she shall complete a training flight in the aircraft or an FFS of the aircraft type to be used, which shall include least the requirements described in (b)(1) and (2) before he/she can exercise his/her privileges.

My situation:
performed 1 takeoff and 1 landing 102 days ago
performed 1 takeoff and 1 landing 95 days ago
performed 1 takeoff and 1 landing 2 days ago (LIFUS with a TRE)

My question:
I performed the requirement of line flying under the supervision of a type rating instructor or examiner 2 days ago, but I still don't have the 3 takeoffs and landings in the last 90 days.. Would I be allowed to be a PIC tomorrow?

Kind regards!

john_tullamarine
3rd Mar 2020, 19:49
Moved from Tech Log - probably more appropriate here ? jt

excrab
4th Mar 2020, 08:51
Yes, paragraph C part 2 on your quote from EASA, you’ve done the LIFUS so require 3 landings in 120 days, which you have .