PDA

View Full Version : Flyer Forum Leicester Fly-in

PhilW
12th Aug 2002, 08:06
A cheeky message I know but.......
As the Flyer Forum is still down, can anyone put me in touch with the guy organising the Fly-in. (Sorry cannot remember his name).
Poet: I have seen that you frequent this Forum, Can you enlighten me? Is it still happening?
Cheers
Philip

BlueRobin
12th Aug 2002, 09:18
Phil,

Mark Bush - http://www.bushnet.demon.co.uk

I'll be there in BTBC (not a blue robin *sniff*). Time I think is around 11am on Sat 17th Aug.

PhilW
12th Aug 2002, 09:35
Thanks Blue Robin, I will be in PHAA a C150 from Elstree, see you there.
Cheers
Phil

poetpilot
13th Aug 2002, 11:28
Hi Phil, sorry I've been a bit out of touch (some would say that is a permanent characteristic) since I went on hols and came back to find the Forum down...

...I hope maybe to get there if I can get delivery of my C172 this week (currently awaiting completion of annual).

Bouncy Landing
13th Aug 2002, 16:13
As a matter of interest does anyone know what happened to the Flyer web site and when the Forums section may be up & running again? Mr Seager can you enlighten us?

BlueRobin
14th Aug 2002, 09:04
AFAIK, the server crashed but the data was preserved. Server was rebuilt, which can take a long time... Website now back and Martin LeP is working on the rest.

PhilW
14th Aug 2002, 10:11
It's funny but I am missing the forum. Perhaps I need to get a life or at least get out & fly more!!
I see from Mark's website that there is a reasonable turnout for Saturday. Let's hope the weather holds.

poetpilot
14th Aug 2002, 10:52
agreed Phil, I miss it too. Quirky little piece of IT but it has its own particular charm and friendliness

:)

poetpilot
14th Aug 2002, 11:04
agreed Phil, I miss it too. Quirky little piece of IT but it has its own particular charm and friendliness

:)

BlueRobin
14th Aug 2002, 14:06
Viva the FLYER List though :p

PhilW
15th Aug 2002, 08:39
So Poet, any news on your 172?
If you do make it to Leicester, will you have to bring home made sandwiches to save money to pay for a large maintenance bill? :D :(

IanSeager
15th Aug 2002, 13:31
Hi

Sorry for the delay in posting. Essentially the server crashed twice and managed to consume itself in the process :-(

I'm sitting about 5 feet from Martin LePoidevin right now and he tells me that the forums will be back by tomorrow morning at the latest. A foolish statement, and quite frankly someone in IT should know better :-) Here's hoping though.

He has also said that if you're quick you can email him with suggestions for different forums at he's at that stage right now! ([email protected])

All the best, see you there I hope although the 182 is U/S right now :-(

Ian

IanSeager
15th Aug 2002, 16:08
OK, OK - I have no faith and Martin has just proved me wrong. They're back...

Ian