PDA

View Full Version : PPL Question bank

Captain320U
28th Jan 2020, 15:30
Hi,
So I started my EASA PPL course recently and I also started studying for Air Law/Meteorology and Human performance theory subjects. I have got the books from Pooley's 2 and 6. I want to practise answering exam style questions for those subjects that way I can prepare myself for the first of PPL exams. Is there a website containing questions banks or anything like that where I can practise beforehand?

Thanks,

paco
29th Jan 2020, 05:59
www.rtfq.org

ShamrockF
29th Jan 2020, 12:15
I found the PPL Tutor app quite useful for practicing.

31Pilot
29th Jan 2020, 16:39
PPL Training & PPL Exam Practice from PPL Cruiser (http://Www.pplcruiser.co.uk) seems most like the exam questions.

The only exception is Nav and Flight planning as there doesn’t seem to be any questions that need charts/graphs etc. The Pooleys practice exam books are good for Nav and Flight planning.

The PPL Tutor app is good but there are some questions it marks as correct when they’re wrong. The same goes for PPL Exam, some questions have blank answers, wrong answers and some have duplicate answers

Captain320U
29th Jan 2020, 18:56
Ok Great, Thanks for the feedback people! :hmm:

jointofly
14th Feb 2020, 00:48
Hi mates, would like to have some explanations on the following questions. Trying to picture it but not really well. Any help would appreciate.

1.. Enter a climb with constant power
A) Airspeed decreases because weight acts in the direction of drag
B) Airspeed decreases because drag increases after takeoff

2. When aircraft is descending with idle power, how can airspeed remain constant
A) Rotating propeller still generates thrust
B) Component of lift balances the drag
C) The component of weight balances the drag

Many thanks

Beaker_
16th Feb 2020, 18:12
Personally, I've found Airquiz good for verifying my understanding of the knowledge and once I'm comfortable, I'll use the Pooleys practice exam books as a final check. I've found the Pooleys books feel slightly more similar to the actual exam questions, but you're only limited to a few practise exams. Whereas with Airquiz, I think the pool of questions is probably bigger which helps to give you confidence you're correctly understanding the topic and not just remembering the answers. I hope that helps.

Captain320U
2nd Mar 2020, 13:48
Well as a matter of fact I’ve used PPL cruiser to test my knowledge and Pooley’s text books to look at topics that I don’t understand. I have passed Air Law (85%), Operational Procedures (75%) and Human Performance (100%) first time around.

31Pilot
2nd Mar 2020, 17:30
Well done, I’d use the Pooleys and AFE exam books for some extra Nav and Flight Planning as I found both of my exams had less of the PPLCruiser questions and more charts, tables and graph based questions!

Captain320U
3rd Mar 2020, 13:38
Thanks, so far I have completed about 7 hours of flying. I am thinking of not attempting any more exams until I get to the navigation part of my training.

Leo Adeyemi
17th Jul 2020, 18:10
www.pplquestions.co.uk is a good one - and free for now

Captain320U
18th Jul 2020, 09:24
Thanks, as a matter of fact I am nearing the end of my PPL course. Bit confused as to what should I do next, Whether fly and built up CPL hours or enrol on a ATPL theory. Because to do ATPL theory I'll have to ditch my present job which I don't want to do now.

MrAverage
19th Jul 2020, 08:21
Don't forget, exams due to go online in October. Lots of changes therein, including all new questions.