PDA

View Full Version : PA-28 underseat air blower

InTheAir
11th Aug 2002, 14:47
How do you switch this thing off? >80 knots and my mic registers the sound, and it's driving me absolutely wild! :confused:

Hightower
11th Aug 2002, 15:05
If you're talking about the fresh air vent slightly forward and low of your seat, push the control lever full forward to close the vent.;)

Chilli Monster
11th Aug 2002, 19:17
Just remember there's one on each side - and they both produce noise and cold air.

Flying with no. 1 son today he does the typical teenager thing and refuses to admit to being cold - my side having been switched off on the trip to pick him up. Finally the penny dropped and I pointed out where the lever was - result was a happy (and warm) 14 year old!

CM

InTheAir
11th Aug 2002, 20:04
Thanks for the input guys, I hate to sound incredibly thick but I have tried searching for a lever type device underneath the seat. Is it really that obvious? is it labelled? where is it in relation to the seat position adjuster?

Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

Keef
11th Aug 2002, 20:42
No, not labelled. Right next to the (rotatable) vent itself. A little silver (ish) lever sticking out of the cowlside just above the floor and part of the vent assembly itself.

There isn't a picture of it in the POH (at least, not in the Arrow III POH I have here), but Figure 7.25 shows the ventilation pipe-runs. This device is item 12 in that diagram.

If you can't find it, say so again and I'll take my digicam and photograph ours...

Todge
11th Aug 2002, 20:55
Hey Guys...

If you still cant find the lever, just push the thing closed with your finger. Works for me. Preferable to use the lever but if it stops the chills goin up your leg.......

Chilli Monster
11th Aug 2002, 21:46
As Keef points out - next to the vent itself. The lever is on the wall (as opposed to under the seat) about 3 inches above floor level and almost in line with the door hinge. You can't miss it

CM