PDA

View Full Version : Boeng Bashing

EPHD75
21st Jan 2020, 21:14
Mods:
Why do you allow constant Boeing bashing by low post members? Enough is enough. Many of our members earn their livings on Boeing aircraft.
Enough!!

JLWSanDiego
21st Jan 2020, 22:00
I wholly agree it's a pile on and terrible disservice to the majority of excellent talent and work done at Boeing. Yes I own some stock and look forward to doing very well with it !!!

KelvinD
21st Jan 2020, 22:05
Yes I own some stock and look forward to doing very well with it !!!
Good luck with that. Have a read of this thread, posted today:
https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/629047-boeing-announces-max-production-has-been-stopped.html

Sqwak7700
21st Jan 2020, 22:13
What difference does it make that you fly a Boeing? Should all forums check with you before posting in case you have some meaningless connection to their subject matter? I fly a Boeing too, but I’m not married to them. Maybe you need to grow some thicker skin.

Market speculation has nothing to do with it. They are suffering from late-stage crony capitalism, which they very much embraced and participated in. Boeing made their bed, now they should lie in it.

brak
21st Jan 2020, 22:19
What about pro-Boeing shills with a low post number? Is that ok?

OldnGrounded
21st Jan 2020, 22:27
Mods:
Why do you allow constant Boeing bashing by low post members? Enough is enough. Many of our members earn their livings on Boeing aircraft.
Enough!!

Is this satire?

turbidus
21st Jan 2020, 23:03
Boeing themselves stated the MAX wont be re-cert until mid 2020. Given the current accuracy rate, that would mean Dec 2020. Not only has the aircraft stopped production, the stock was stopped from trading for about an hour.

The next news will be the layoffs, as BA cannot afford to keep the line workers on for that long.

The next move will be the 777maX, and the delay in cert, and probably the FAA/EASA decision for a new type cert. That will add at least 18 months to cert.

On advice to Congress by the US Air Force, the Tanker will be stopped.

No NMA or NSA will be announced until 2030

I know I missed a few things..

oh yes, the Space program! WOW!

Mods:

Says the 7th post of the OP.

jolihokistix
22nd Jan 2020, 00:03
Surprisingly little Boeing bashing on this site. Here I was expecting to see some at last, "yeah, yeah, yeah", as I clicked on the thread title.

Maybe the mods have been working overtime to remove any before we see it, but on-going posts seem to be fairly factual even as long-suppressed information comes to light. Surely it is in everyone's interest to follow developing stories, from within Boeing, Airbus or wherever, and work out strategies for keeping the industry on the strait and narrow, i.e. honest and safe.

The Baron
22nd Jan 2020, 00:08
A majority of people of visitors and members of this forum are professional aviators. It with anger and dismay that we are witnessing the revelations coming to light during this scrutiny of a once respected aerospace company. I have flown the 737 for years. I thought the decision go prolong the production of the 737 to be foolish and profit driven by Boeing management.
The chickens have come home to roost. The company deserves all the bashing and then some. The employees and contractors don't. I am sure they will find gainful employment in other companies if and when Boeing ceases to exist. Capt Sullenberger talked about a word called "integrity". It may be too late even now for Boeing to find some.

lomapaseo
22nd Jan 2020, 00:55
This thread might have made more of a point if it didn't single out a narrow view point

rattman
22nd Jan 2020, 01:02
Is this satire?

looking at OP 7th whole post going to guess yes

jolihokistix
22nd Jan 2020, 01:06
Re thread title. It would help to spell the name of the company correctly.

Atlas Shrugged
22nd Jan 2020, 01:13
Don't worry, we'll have the last laugh!!

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/638x445/1_c6a4f3d0eceb48175d27a96f18b2213cd72d008b.jpg

nerf
22nd Jan 2020, 01:53
I have to trust my life to a Boeing product every day.

I’d prefer for their employees on this forum to hear the critical feedback and get their house in order - for both the future survival of their passengers/operators and for the continued success of America.

Boeing used to be the pride of US R&D, manufacturing and exports. It’s in all of our interest to see it return to doing great engineering.

If any Boeing employees are insulted by the legitimate criticisms of what their company has become, they would be well served to take that emotion and direct it to either fixing Boeing or going to work for a company that values quality engineering.

If you want to work in an industry where your decisions can be lethal, knock it off with the whiny emotional bull**** and take critical feedback.

22nd Jan 2020, 03:04
Must be some kind of jedi mind tricking going on here :hmm: