PDA

View Full Version : Try Scotland!

propjockey
11th Aug 2002, 11:17
All,

come to Prestwick for a trip! Friendly club and v helpful ATCO's.

Its not too busy even though its an 'international' and I mean International - I made a Polar Air Cargo 747 wait on my last lesson - 'Polar 602 your number 1 after the Robin'! Ha!

EGPK is a great field and I am really enjoying my lessons there - my instructor turns up on the dot and ready and is a local farmer who knows he is no demi-god!

Landing fees £8 so reasonable - PPR ahead and the kettle will be on!

Regards

Simon

flying snapper
12th Aug 2002, 07:58
I think you and I have the same instructor - You at the club, me at the Flight centre!!

I totally agree with the above sentiments - It is fun to have a 747 waiting for you to clear the taxiway!!

You missed the bit about the gorgeous scenery.

propjockey
12th Aug 2002, 17:15
Hi FS!

Yes sounds like Farmer George! Have you had a trip in his Robin - nice a/c! I suppose there is a limited number of instructors at EGPK!

You can tell its him when he walks over from apron papa - he has a certain ... gait.. to his walk!

the scenary - Oh yes absolutely FANTASTIC!

Heres a couple shots I took using my cheap n nasty Kodak digital camera (DC400). 2500ft heading west from the top of the Cumbraes - the mountains in the back are Goat Fell on the Isle of Mull and the Kintyre peninsula. Do you notice anything odd in shot! yes its a vanguard class submarine!

Second shot is the two islands that make up the Cumbraes - now where can you find scenary so striking in the UK!

Regards

Simon

C:\Pictures 034.jpg

C:\Pictures 035.jpg

Hope this publishes OK!

:rolleyes:

BRL
12th Aug 2002, 17:22
Hi Prop.... Your pictures need to be on a web-site. When they are up on a site such as msn (its free if you have an hotmail account) then you right click the picture, click properties then copy the link bit. Then you come back here click on IMG then paste the link you just copied into it. This should work...... Good luck.

propjockey
12th Aug 2002, 18:01
Got it BRL!

thanks!

try these....!

http://mysite.freeserve.com/creochflyers/images/2-picture1.gif?0.9835780621599998

http://mysite.freeserve.com/creochflyers/images/3-picture1.jpg?0.7431794416381436

if anyone interested in the site.. warts n all! then please take a look at the main site:

http://mysite.freeserve.com/creochflyers/

I'll be updating as I progress my PPL training - good and bad!

Simon
:eek:

propjockey
13th Aug 2002, 11:22
DUH!:(

As one of the EGPK locals points out and my dead brain after a hard forgot - Goat Fell is actually on Arran - not Mull!

:-)

regards

Simon

big.al
13th Aug 2002, 13:18
There must be a certain satisfaction, waiting at the hold in a light a/c, knowing that the 747 behind you is burning more AVTUR in a minute at idle than you'll burn AVGAS during your whole flight.

Power to the little guys! (and gals).

propjockey
15th Aug 2002, 14:53
;) yeah !

but its nice to know that I do get my turn instead of just getting told to hold at 'R1 or N for 31' .

EGPK is a fairly busy place with plenty of company tfc so its nice to know the GA flyers count too.

As I said - Prestwick ATC get my vote !

only hope they read this!

'That's Lima Golf' guys n gals!

:cool:

Regards

Simon