PDA

View Full Version : A320 Flaps or slats jammed

Speedwinner
13th Jan 2020, 18:36
Guys,

could somebody explain me in a really simple way: what does in this list mean slat>3? I read some infos about it, but i dont get it.

Thanks so much!

SW

Cough
13th Jan 2020, 18:39
If the slats are in a position greater than conf3?

sonicbum
13th Jan 2020, 18:51
Guys,

could somebody explain me in a really simple way: what does in this list mean slat>3? I read some infos about it, but i dont get it.

Thanks so much!

SW

Basically slats and/or flaps can get jammed in any position, included greater than 3.

Capt Scribble
13th Jan 2020, 19:21
There are 3 slat positions in addition to retracted, so there are different options/speeds depending on when the jam occurs. There are 4 flap positions, so if full flap is selected (>3) then you actually get slat 3, although it is never referred to as that.

pilot-737
14th Jan 2020, 00:25
Guys,

Thanks so much!

SW

Slat > 3 is related to the flaps lever position and not to the ecam indications
For flaps 2 and flaps 3 lever position, the slat configuration remains the same (22 degrees). By setting the flaps full lever position, the slats are extended to 27 degrees. Slat > 3 means an actual slat position beyond the second ecam position index.

vilas
14th Jan 2020, 02:56
Guys,
Thanks so much!
SW
You are configured for flaps full landing. In case you go around and slats don't retract to three then that list slat>3 is applicable. It can happen to flap also.