PDA

View Full Version : Ezy Cabin Crew Are Voting For Strike Action

yankee charlie
11th Aug 2002, 00:54
Easy Cabin Crew are about to vote for strike action.

Fasten your seat belt more turbulence ahead........

Stelios
11th Aug 2002, 08:42
Good luck boys and girls. While you're at it, try to change that awful uniform, which I'm sure you'll agree screams CHEAP, not just Low Cost.

Shadowpurser
11th Aug 2002, 08:45
Trouble at mill!!!!

Good luck people!!!!:cool:

CleanSpeed
12th Aug 2002, 17:21
Once again, Yankee Charlie posts rubbish. If you don't want to work for easyJet, fine, but posting rumours as facts in order to create another anti-company thread is just plain unprofessionsal.

CleanSpeed
12th Aug 2002, 17:24
(.....that would have looked better if I'd got the spelling right!! Very unpropheshonel....)

BTB
12th Aug 2002, 17:43
EZ cabin crew are not going to strike. They just voted for some respect. If they do not get it they will probably will not strike, but do what all weakly-represented individuals do: walk. The company is going through an unbelievably bad phase, and hopefully the management will realise that the company is based on people. They keep telling them that people are important. Now the workforce are looking forward optimistically to seeing that in practice. Easyjet is potentially the most exciting company in the industry: Over to you, Les Board!

khasabman
12th Aug 2002, 21:49
The saying " put your money where your mouth is" could not be more apt.

rolandpull
13th Aug 2002, 22:27
Poor old EZY. The tie-less suits over in easyland still rant over, and harbour the good old days when everybody knew each other and reflecting on them good 'ol boys over at Southwest. Hello! youre a big company now and you need to stop living in your own world. Respect to the rear crew, wearing that uniform and having to to do clear-ins with an orange bin bag!

King Kee
14th Aug 2002, 00:27
Yes it's been a bad patch recently due to a combination of factors.....and the tight crewing situation and change of rostering patterns has not been able to cope with a number of other 'disruptions' such as ATC, LTN building works and handling problems, etc. It's been a crap few weeks for staff and passengers, but there is light at the end of the tunnel....this is a temporary glitch as a result of extra aircraft (and training backlog) after Sept 11th, etc.

One failure could have been managed, but a change of crew patterns combined with all the other factors has resulted in meltdown.

Let us not orget that EZY is doing very well, and apart from the past few weeks the performance is excellent.....it will recover!!

Low-Pass
29th Aug 2002, 13:45
I hope it does King Kee.

As an outsider, I have to ask some insiders. Have these problems co-incided with the departure of your previous MD (ie Stelios)?

mjenkinsblackdog
29th Aug 2002, 15:34
BTB.
I agree with the first bit,but the last bit{how many beers have you had?}:cool:

yankee charlie
29th Aug 2002, 15:42
BTB

So far all I`ve said is correct yes Cabin Crew and Ground Crew are currently been balloted by T &G for strike action.

Ezy has made a big mistake by recognising Amicus without consulting the staff. Most Ezy Crew are members of the T & G and Ezy decided that Amicus is the union to represent the crew.

Do you think that make sense?

Watch this space.......................