PDA

View Full Version : How to upgrade ATPL

XuMeng
21st Dec 2019, 02:59
Hi all
I got the EASA CPL with IR&MEP&ATPLtheory in Spian in 2009, and have been flying A320 in China with CAAC license. I have met the requiremant of easa ATPL.
I want to know how to upgrade my EASA CPL to EASA ATPL with IR&MEP&A320typerating?
Can I apply to ATO or the EASA in Spain?

thank you

Whopity
23rd Dec 2019, 22:30
FCL.520.A ATPL(A) — Skill test
Applicants for an ATPL(A) shall pass a skill test in accordance with Appendix 9 to this Part to
demonstrate the ability to perform, as PIC of a multi-pilot aeroplane under IFR, the relevant
procedures and manoeuvres with the competency appropriate to the privileges granted.
The skill test shall be taken in the aeroplane or an adequately qualified FFS representing the same
type.
AMC1 FCL.520.A; FCL.520.H
ATPL SKILL TEST
The ATPL skill test may serve at the same time as a skill test for the issue of the licence and a
proficiency check for the revalidation of the type rating for the aircraft used in the test and may
be combined with the skill test for the issue of a MP type rating.

Permanent Standby
24th Dec 2019, 20:59
As Whopity says above. You will need an LST not LPC (raw data ILS in addition to the usual LPC items). If you're licence is issued in Spain, go through the Spanish DGAC and see what paperwork they require (not all EASA states are the same!). A Spanish ATO would make the process much easier I am sure.

If your MEP has expired you will likely need some refresher training at an EASA ATO before doing a proficiency check/renewal.

The big question is will the DGAC accept your Chinese A320 experience or will they require a type course before you do the LST? Were you issued an A320 rating on your EASA licence?