PDA

View Full Version : TC CPL ME/IR MES & SES conversion to FAA

Vedas
15th Dec 2019, 05:37
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has transferred from ICAO TC to FAA with seaplane ratings, If so..
I'm confused on how to go about getting a multi engine seaplane in the states without having any pic time on one (a ME SP), from what i understand.. After obtaining your single engine seaplane rating (SES) you inherit your multi engine seaplane (if you already having a multi engine land plane rating.) While on the other hand like i mentioned before, i dont think you can get that rating converted in the US without putting time in an actual M.E seaplane boatplane floatplane (or whatever we want to call it) If my post wasn't too confusing, I'd like to know how any of you would go about getting that rating. I've done some looking into renting a multi engine SP but no luck. It seems you need to know someone to get hours, or employment with one...

Anyone with any experience regarding this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks

rudestuff
15th Dec 2019, 13:33
I think you need to show some pic time. What does it say in the AC?

Vedas
17th Dec 2019, 21:16
3 hour minimum on a MES for FAA as a "tack on" additional rating. Not including the check ride.
Cant find how many hours are required, as of converting with one hour pic. I'd rented a twin seaplane in florda and had it logged on my TC licence before converting..
Thanks