PDA

View Full Version : cargolux

Obi Wan Kirk
10th Aug 2002, 09:57
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what an FO with Cargolux earns in USD$ and what the terms and conditions are.
Is it a good airline to work for?

last officer
18th Aug 2002, 15:28
monthly salary (basic) about 3000 $ (starting)
per diem 4$/hr,average per month 1000$

time to command 8-10 years at present

good: nice destinations,usually nice,relaxed atmosphere ,good standards regarding training,sim etc.

bad: increasing of minimum rest at destination,a lot of positioning(our max is 20hrs)

very bad: family life (nonexistent),average trip length 7-12 days,off-days per month 6+3 days, if you don`t live in luxembourg or vicinity you even have less days at home(flight-schedules out of lux/ID-flying agreements are very bad,you have to be at base 12 hrs before departure)

rgds

Avius
21st Aug 2002, 03:14
Well said last officer,

I hope the company will adress the issues you mentioned under "very bad". Those issues, especially the family life are as you correctly mentioned VERY VERY BAD !!

If you are married, you will get a divorce... if you are not married you never will be... if you have kids, they don't know who you are... if you don't have kids yet, you may have some day, but they will be spread all over the world......

Otherwise a pleasant company to work for.

CR2
15th Sep 2002, 08:19
Avius, does one assume you have applied or are considering applying for Atlas Air? They pay by the bl/h & perdiem about half of what we get.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=617444#post617444

As for last officer

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=624479#post624479

Oh well, at least if you really don't like it chez nous you're doing something about it. Makes space for all the people I meet who'd give their proverbial left .... to join us.

last officer
15th Sep 2002, 15:59
dear cargorat,

please correct me,but I thought this forum serves sharing of opinions.A colleague wanted to know how people like it at clx,I answered.everybody who has a different view,please go ahead!
just because there are companies with even worse conditions doesn't mean I have to like it at clx,does it?
Your friendly advice simply to **** if I don't appreciate the situation is extremely clever and thoughtfull,thank you very much,but I guess even you are aware that things are not that easy,so what is the point?
could it be ,that a lot of non-pilot staff at clx(like you) are quite happy with the fact,that we,the pilots,are working our butts off, keeping the company healthy,securing jobs and profit sharing for all of you???
rgds

Avius
15th Sep 2002, 17:29
Cargorat,

I really appreciate your skills as detective. I assume, you have "Cargolux" tatooed on your "proverbial left".

Listen, this is a forum to share opinions and experiences. You as a moderator should know this. You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but do not try to intimidate legitimate discussions.

As you are not a pilot yourself, you have to rely on 3rd party inputs. We as pilots experience the good and bad things on a daily basis....and talk about them. What is wrong with that ??

Last Officer mentioned basically everything else I'd have to add.

See ya.

CR2
16th Sep 2002, 08:37
Alright, perhaps I went too far. View what has just happened inhouse, I won't go any further. Maybe Pitcairn sums up what its about.

Thank you for your kind comments on Freight Dogs.

Wing Commander Fowler
16th Sep 2002, 11:37
Obi - see what you've started......? Hehe.

:cool:

m18
1st Oct 2002, 14:22
CargoRat, you must be one of the infamous Mircosoft Flight Simulator 2000 pilots.

Please don't spend your office time in such an unproductive way.