PDA

View Full Version : M-1 Visa for USA

rossco18_uk
10th Aug 2002, 08:37
Hi there,
Sorry another post about Visa. Need your advice. I got my documents returned to me today and they refused me a M-1 Visa because I didnt show sufficient information concerning my ties to the UK. What did you provide to show this? I mean I go three weeks tomorrow and need this Visa ASAP. They do not specify anything else, so it seems to just be my ties to the UK. I mean will Birth Certificate help? Drivers Licence? What did you submit?

Please, any help you can give me would be great, oh and if you can give me a tel number for them it would be even better. They clearly don't want people contacting them!

Ross

GoneWest
10th Aug 2002, 08:50
They want to make sure that you intend to return to the UK at the end of your course.

Show them you have a home (mortgage?).

Show them you have a job. (Letter from employersaying that you are still employed on your return).

Return airline ticket.

Bank account still open.

Any appointments you may have m,ade for after your return to UK.

Anything to show your intend to return to UK after the course - and not just to stay in the USA as an "unlawful alien".

rossco18_uk
10th Aug 2002, 14:44
Thanks Gonewest. Have since managed to get a hold of someone and he reckons that they actually sent it back due to new rules regarding people going over to fly. He advised me to fax a particular embassy as they need it in writing and then they will contact me on how to apply, if I am learning to fly. Still, shouldn't be a problem getting the Visa in time. Don't understand why they didn't just write that in the letter they sent me, or even better, phone me and advise me, rather than just post everything back. Very strange!

Oh well,

Cheers anyway,

Ross

notice
10th Aug 2002, 18:48
When I was 'interrogated' on arrival, they weren't interested in flying on a tourist visa but concerned that my true intent might be to stay and become another illegal immigrant.

There are plenty of Brit and other bums living and working illegally in the U.S.A. so their concern is valid hence you were asked for 'sufficient information concerning my ties to the UK'.

As was suggested, attempt to prove that you have roots (business, children, job, house etc.), which mean that you want/need to return, but I wouldn't send them a copy of your membership of a militia or mosque !