PDA

View Full Version : How do I know whether I have PBN on my license

CKnopfell
8th Dec 2019, 17:05
Hi,

I recently had my license reissued by the CAA, My previous license had

IR-SPA-ME/PBN

The PBN was added by my IR examiner when I did my IR revalidation in Oct 2018 and again in Nov 2019.

The license has now come back from the CAA following addition of FI privileges, but the PBN seems to have gone.

Instead it just has

IR-SP-ME class/SE

What should I see on the license? Or is it assumed that all licenses with an IR issued post 25/4/18 are automatically PBN.

Thanks for your help,
Carl

Mustapha Cuppa
8th Dec 2019, 18:26
In item XII-ratings, certificates and privileges-, in the Remarks and Restrictions column against Instrument, it should say PBN

BEagle
8th Dec 2019, 21:51
No, the Authority no longer includes any 'PBN' endorsements in pilot licences.

BillieBob
9th Dec 2019, 09:30
Or is it assumed that all licenses with an IR issued post 25/4/18 are automatically PBN.

Not just those issued post 25/4/18 - all IRs include PBN privileges.

FCL.605 IR-Privileges
(a) The privileges of a holder of an IR are to fly aircraft under IFR, including PBN operations, with a minimum decision height of no less than 200 feet (60 m).

S-Works
9th Dec 2019, 16:11
There are still loads of people with IR issued after the 24/4/18 floating around without PBN because of the lack of PBN approaches/aircraft and simulators. I have done 5 IR revalidation in the last week and added PBN as part of the test. I do all initial IR tests with a second part of the test in our PBN approved simulator as standard and we are "sweeping up" the renewal and revalidation's as the come through the door.

overandout
10th Dec 2019, 13:01
s-works: re I/R renewals where are you based please?

S-Works
10th Dec 2019, 13:21
s-works: re I/R renewals where are you based please?

When in the UK I am near Peterborough and Jerez in Spain.