PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Type Rating on 737CL?

fiducioso
4th Dec 2019, 09:20
Hello, any advice where to get a type rating on 737 cl base training included in Europe?
A cheap price of course ;)
thanks

Banana Joe
4th Dec 2019, 14:52
Baltic Aviation Academy on a old and ****ty box and the quality of training is comparable to those words.
I heard good things about European Aviation Academy in Rome... Dagli un'occhiata 😉​​

Luray
4th Dec 2019, 16:36
Baltic Aviation Academy on a old and ****ty box and the quality of training is comparable to those words.
I heard good things about European Aviation Academy in Rome... Dagli un'occhiata 😉​​
How much do they charge(BAA)? The cheapest TR i found so far goes for 13k + base and that includes ng diff .

fiducioso
4th Dec 2019, 16:54
How much do they charge(BAA)? The cheapest TR i found so far goes for 13k + base and that includes ng diff .

can I ask you where? Thanks

fiducioso
4th Dec 2019, 16:54

Sent them an email..Grazie

Luray
4th Dec 2019, 17:12
can I ask you where? Thanks
Sorry i made a mistake and what i meant is that base training is not included in the price , it goes extra for something like 4-6k euro. I found it on Royal star aero page, but i don't have any experience with them.

P40Warhawk
4th Dec 2019, 21:58
I have done TR in BAA for 16K. That was incl. Base training, NG Difference Course and Hotel.

In my opinion it wasnt that bad. BAA gives you the tools and it is up to you to perform well and work hard on your Procedures. Flying is one thing. That is easy, but procedures and flows is the hard part.

Yes the sim is old so as Classics in general. What do you expect? Classics are old so the sim is not the youngest either. I think they would also the TR on the NG, but that might be a bit more expensive, but on other side I think it is worth it as the Classic sim is NOT certified for PBN. The NG is certified.

You could also try in Air Baltic. If you do well you will fly for at least a season on the B737 in Air Baltic.

fiducioso
5th Dec 2019, 08:19
I have done TR in BAA for 16K. That was incl. Base training, NG Difference Course and Hotel.

In my opinion it wasnt that bad. BAA gives you the tools and it is up to you to perform well and work hard on your Procedures. Flying is one thing. That is easy, but procedures and flows is the hard part.

Yes the sim is old so as Classics in general. What do you expect? Classics are old so the sim is not the youngest either. I think they would also the TR on the NG, but that might be a bit more expensive, but on other side I think it is worth it as the Classic sim is NOT certified for PBN. The NG is certified.

You could also try in Air Baltic. If you do well you will fly for at least a season on the B737 in Air Baltic.

hello, hotel included? Really? Maybe in the past...now is different!

P40Warhawk
5th Dec 2019, 10:41
hello, hotel included? Really? Maybe in the past...now is different!

I dont knownwhat they offer now. I have done rating in 2016.

As said earlier, the sim is not certified for PBN. That is what you should also take into account.

Akum
7th Dec 2019, 09:11
AirBaltic training offers 737 classic for 16-20k + job offer if you pass assessment.

Banana Joe
7th Dec 2019, 11:15
What job? They're phasing out the 737 and they lost quite a few money after they were sued by some pilots.

Akum
7th Dec 2019, 11:20
What job? They're phasing out the 737 and they lost quite a few money after they were sued by some pilots.

737 phasing out after next summer,that's true,but 500 block hours is guaranteed and if you will show your self well,you will be offered to upgrade on a220.