PDA

View Full Version : easyJet acquires Thomas Cook slots at Gatwick and Bristol

Bora Bora
8th Nov 2019, 16:57
https://simpleflying.com/easyjet-thomas-cook-slots/

Cost them quite a bit of money, though. Should open-up the Bristol base a bit.

pabely
8th Nov 2019, 17:49
I'm surprised the price of the slots Jet2 bought for Manchester, Birmingham & Stansted has not been disclosed, perhaps it is not newsworthy ?

Musket90
8th Nov 2019, 18:01
Not surprising, two of their biggest bases

Johnny F@rt Pants
8th Nov 2019, 19:50
I'm surprised the price of the slots Jet2 bought for Manchester, Birmingham & Stansted has not been disclosed, perhaps it is not newsworthy ?

Are slots at MAN, BHX and STN purchased? I was under the impression that only LHR and LGW slots are commodities, other airports slots have no financial value.

Mr @ Spotty M
8th Nov 2019, 20:37
36 million is not a lot for the LGW slots, l was and l would imagine others were expecting a lot more.

Pelican
8th Nov 2019, 20:49
It was all or nothing? No spreading of the slots amongst different carriers?

Have been in the aviation game for some time, but slots are still a back art to me..

Longtimer
9th Nov 2019, 02:10
It was all or nothing? No spreading of the slots amongst different carriers?

Have been in the aviation game for some time, but slots are still a back art to me..
Money talks, the rest walk......

LTNman
9th Nov 2019, 05:03
Paid for Bristol slots seems a surprise. I would have thought they could have got them for nothing.

The Ancient Geek
9th Nov 2019, 14:36
Paid for Bristol slots seems a surprise. I would have thought they could have got them for nothing.

Bristol is very busy at peak hours so peak hour slots will be expensive, at other times no problem.