PDA

View Full Version : Where do i get the information - Florida Flying

Piper Warrior Pilot
9th Aug 2002, 12:20
Sorry to keep posting about the same thing but i have recently contacted Orlando Flight Training and they dont seem to be responding to my e-mails. Does anyone know where i can get a brochure about them from (possibly cabair due to their connections?)

I understand how fragile the topics about Florida Flight Training Organisations is so in order to stop the forum police hammering me, e-mails would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited for spelling mistakes

distaff_beancounter
9th Aug 2002, 12:44
Try the website:-

www.flyorlandoflorida.com (http://flyorlandoflorida.com)

skygazer
9th Aug 2002, 13:21
Alternatively try Cabair, phone call may get a better response if only a 'general' email address is given.

Bouncy Landing
9th Aug 2002, 13:42
Are you sure you want to go somewhere where they dont even bother to answer enquiry emails?

Ive mentioned them before but I found NAC at Naples excellent, and I've seem numerous other posts commending them too.

BlueRobin
9th Aug 2002, 14:59
PWP, in my experience (read anecdotal evidence here), Florida FTOs have differing attitudes toward the use of email. The place you mentioned wasn't a good one in my book but they did eventually reply after a week or so. Now whether this is poor salesmanship or technophobia, I don't know.

Also, FAR 61.75 currently states that it's now very difficult to fly on your UK PPL (60 days notice I believe although the CAA are seeking concessions with the CAA - check the SRG website). :(

Personally I'm thinking about South Africa or Royal Aero Club of West Aussie (they have a interesting things such as a Tiger Moth and a Chippy). Cheaper rates but a longer flight.

englishal
9th Aug 2002, 15:45
FAR 61.75 currently states that it's now very difficult to fly on your UK PPL
Only if you don't already have a FAA PPL issued on basis of UK PPL. If you already have an FAA PPL (I don't know if you do) then its almost same as before.

Cheers
EA:)

Cusco
10th Aug 2002, 00:54
You should consider Naples Air Center.

Contact Nikki or Richard Gentil for a chat

E mail address is in all flying mags and Richard frequently posts on PPRuNe. Website gives phone numbers : Pick up the phone and ring them.

I've no business interests in NAC but can say I spent an excellent 2 weeks there this year in Feb/Mar getting the FAA/IR.

Don't know what the weather is like just now though. Prob 30 far too humid for me.

Go on, go on, go on ring 'em.