PDA

View Full Version : East Midlands Vacancies

360BakTrak
9th Aug 2002, 11:00
Just had the "Dear John" letter from EGNX.
Anyone else had the same?
Any idea's who got the jobs?
Any suggestions on where to apply next?
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Gypsy Queen
9th Aug 2002, 11:28
I can't answer your questions 360BT but there were 5 lucky winners.:)

I gather that the competition was pretty stiff, so don't be too downhearted.:(

Where's next?
Wait for the ads in the comeing weeks as those lucky 5 hand in their notice.

Legs11
9th Aug 2002, 18:29
Well, I know of applicants from Bristol, Teeside and Liverpool to name just a few, and you can probably expect some from the likes of Norwich, Leeds, Humberside, Coventry and even some trying to get away from NATS.

All with very good experience and just what Terry would be looking for. Don't be downhearted BakTrak, they've got a few retirements coming up soon, so you can expect furthr recruitement in the not too distant future.:D

goatgruff
10th Aug 2002, 00:40
Since Manchester took the place over, the rule of thumb in every department at EMA has been how much will it cost us? .
No disrespect to the lucky candidates, but anyone with the ratings and experience would cost them money, something which the MAN PLC Beancounters do not allocate freely.
I heard on the rumour vine that they were looking for atcos with some experience, but not so much as they would command the 'market rate' in salary terms, and it appears that's exactly what they got.

almost professional
10th Aug 2002, 19:06
dear GG, if what you say is the case then why are EMA taking on five new ATCO's at all?, they are not replacements but additional staff and I believe with all the ratings, not 'cheap' tower only's
it is not my experience that the beancounters rule the roost

goatgruff
11th Aug 2002, 13:50
A.P. If that is the case, then I'm happy to stand corrected.

I didn't make any assumption about the quality of the candidates or the unit management at EMA, (who I know and have a high regard for), merely the fact that accountants seem to have more sway in the boardroom than operational management.

I know the first thing that happened at all the airports in the MAN PLC group was an accountants eye looked into every nook and corner of each airfields operation, and wherever possible salaries were cut on the basis of "if you don't like it, you can go elsewhere".
Allegedly, one group of atsa's at an airport to the NE of EMA had their salaries cut by £2K - £4K when MAN moved in.

A fine way to motivate staff.:rolleyes: