PDA

View Full Version : B737 Trailing Edge Flap Asymmetry

wilco77
17th Oct 2019, 04:21
QRH question: "Set the flap fever to the nearest detent that is equal to or less than the smallest indicated flap position"

1.So if my TE needles are split during retraction due to Assym (L--5 / R -- Btw 2 and 1) Do I set the flap lever to 1?

2. If my TE needles are split during retraction due to Assym (L--15 / R -- Btw 5 and 2 needle being closer to 5) Do I set the flap lever to 2?

thanks

Wilco

Too Few Stripes
17th Oct 2019, 07:44
That’s how I would read it.

Antonio Montana
17th Oct 2019, 09:21
Same here, don't over think it

Tomaski
17th Oct 2019, 12:48
Agree with other replies, but I’ll add that if the asymmetry trip system is working properly, the flap should never get so far out as example #2.

Johnny F@rt Pants
17th Oct 2019, 14:14
if the asymmetry trip system is working properly, the flap should never get so far out as example #2.

They won’t get anywhere near that far out of kilter unless there is a fault in the protection system. However, to answer your question, you do as directed by the QRH and set the flap lever to the lowest flap setting, this helps you identify what speed to set for your approach.

IFixPlanes
17th Oct 2019, 15:02
QRH question: "Set the flap fever to the nearest detent that is equal to or less than the smallest indicated flap position"
1.So if my TE needles are split during retraction due to Assym (L--5 / R -- Btw 2 and 1) Do I set the flap lever to 1?
2. If my TE needles are split during retraction due to Assym (L--15 / R -- Btw 5 and 2 needle being closer to 5) Do I set the flap lever to 2?
The split to get into Flap Asymmetry is not that high.
If L is 5 than R is more than 2.
If L is 15 than R is close to 10.