PDA

View Full Version : A350 max IAS

mrdeux
10th Oct 2019, 09:18
Can anyone tell me what the flight manual limit is for IAS on the A350?

Just curious, as I was paxing on one today, and saw an IAS on the flight data that was much higher than I’ve seen before. And yes, I know the difference between TAS, IAS, and G/S.

SloppyJoe
10th Oct 2019, 10:37
340kts / M0.89

Cruise is almost always 0.85

mrdeux
10th Oct 2019, 11:47
Thanks. Same as A380.

Airmann
10th Oct 2019, 13:37

Just curious, as I was paxing on one today, and saw an IAS on the flight data that was much higher than I’ve seen before. And yes, I know the difference between TAS, IAS, and G/S.

I think the pax system shows GS, either knots or MPH. Not IAS

Contact Approach
10th Oct 2019, 13:56
And yes, I know the difference between TAS, IAS, and G/S.

So you'd know that the system displays GS?

giggitygiggity
10th Oct 2019, 20:27

Any inflight system would reasonably only ever show ground speed in either statute mph or kmh. Other numbers would just confuse passengers.

AviatorDave
10th Oct 2019, 22:38
Any inflight system would reasonably only ever show ground speed in either statute mph or kmh. Other numbers would just confuse passengers.

Nope. Enough educated pax around (some even aviators) to also show speeds in kts in addition to what a layman may understand. No need to dumb everything down.

AerocatS2A
10th Oct 2019, 23:26
Thanks. Same as A380.

So what was the IAS that you saw?

giggitygiggity
11th Oct 2019, 01:26
Nope. Enough educated pax around (some even aviators) to also show speeds in kts in addition to what a layman may understand. No need to dumb everything down.

OK, a very VERY small minority would know the different speeds. However, f you have a number of speeds labled Indicated Airspeed, True Airspeed, Ground Speed etc, it's just information overload and most people will just get confused. I realise some might find it interesting or understand it, but you're on this site, you're either a pilot or an avgeek and therefore would obviously have a greater understanding than most. If you're that desperate to know what the IAS or TAS is, print the SIGWX before you fly and bring your sliderule!

swh
11th Oct 2019, 10:30
​​​​there is a cockpit view on the IFE that looks like a normal speed tape, HSI, and altitude. It shows ground speed, track, and pressure altitude.

noptawat
11th Oct 2019, 12:42

Use your E6B with data on FlightRad@r 24 !

IAS is not calibrated on that website. Only GS is shown I believe.

Airmann
11th Oct 2019, 16:33
Use your E6B with data on FlightRad@r 24 !

IAS is not calibrated on that website. Only GS is shown I believe.

So how do you get from G/S to IAS (or CAS at the least)? Is there enough information on FlightRadar24 to work it out?