PDA

View Full Version : Self-Fly Tours

MLS-12D
8th Aug 2002, 15:05
Just wondering if anyone has any information (preferably links to websites) on self-flying tours.

For the benefit of others, here are some sites of which I am aware:
Sorry. Every link went to a commercial web-site. Not permitted at all here. If you are interested in the links, please e-mail MLS-12D from here. Thanks.

Happy flying,

MLS-12D

:)

sennadog
8th Aug 2002, 16:02
I've just spoken to the guy at Bush Air and he sounds pretty relaxed about everything. Apparently, the aircraft are registered in Swaziland so there is no need to take the Air Law exams which should speed the whole process up a bit.

Sounds great!:)

MLS-12D
9th Aug 2002, 21:45
Sorry Mr. Moderator for apparently breaking one of the rules. :o

I certainly don't represent any of the various organizations whose sites I provided links to. My intention was simply to stimulate discussion by making them readily available to anyone who might be interested in organized tours, which seem to be an interesting option for the average low-time PPL who is tired of the '$100 hamburger'.

MSL-12D :)

P.S. to Sennadog - thanks for the feedback. I don't really know anything about Bush Air but I hope that all of their aircraft are not painted in camouflage colours like the 150 on their homepage (what happens if you are forced down in the bush for some reason ... better plan on carrying a lot of emergency rations, it could be months before anyone spots you! :D).

sennadog
10th Aug 2002, 10:25
MLS-12D. Yep, you're not the first to mention that. It also looks very similar to a military aircraft. I can see it now - there's me bumbling along minding my own business when all of a sudden I get a swift post PPL lesson in dogfighting as some local Top Gun mistakes me for the invasion force.:D