PDA

View Full Version : CNN Hysteria

bill fly
21st Sep 2019, 11:19
This is what the press makes of a depressurisation procedure... No mention why the aircraft descended - no mention that it was controlled...
Panic sells better.

A Delta flight plunged 30,000 feet in minutes

www then .cnn.com/2019/09/19/us/delta-flight-plunge-trnd/index.html

Sailvi767
21st Sep 2019, 11:36
It actually was a somewhat controlled decompression and the cabin only got to about 15,000 feet. The pilots were trying to get the aircraft below 14,000 and avoid the masks dropping at all. If the press covers this incident as they did what terms would they use to describe a true explosive decompression?

aterpster
21st Sep 2019, 12:11
It actually was a somewhat controlled decompression and the cabin only got to about 15,000 feet. The pilots were trying to get the aircraft below 14,000 and avoid the masks dropping at all. If the press covers this incident as they did what terms would they use to describe a true explosive decompression?
Cable TV news is entertainment, not journalism.

NWA SLF
21st Sep 2019, 16:58
If you Google it you will find cable was relatively late picking this up as local news stations and social media were sensationalizing the event well ahead of major media. CNN's was picked up from a local news outlet. If it weren't for millions of people clicking on it, and every one of those clicks meaning additional advertising revenue, it would not be sensationalized - witness the previous event on this airplane when it had a loss of cabin pressurization over the Atlantic with nobody to instantly pick up the news story. Major media read AvHerald like everyone else and know these de-pressurization events are all too common but having people with their phones to capture the event and immediately sell it for sensationalizing, it wouldn't be news. As this airplane did have an earlier event, don't you think that this bit of bad publicity might make Delta try a little harder to prevent this type of event? Anyone want to see my collection of GoPro videos from when I have been sitting in a window seat with view of an engine hoping to catch a bird strike so I too can make money from people who dwell on these events?

The AvgasDinosaur
21st Sep 2019, 19:29
This was neither informative or humorous. That’s a fail from me.
David

ironbutt57
21st Sep 2019, 23:17
This was neither informative or humorous. That’s a fail from me.
David

they stopped being proper journalists years ago

Buzzing
22nd Sep 2019, 05:05

Hysteria sells ...