PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Jet International, Miami ?

Limey
7th Aug 2002, 22:11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am hoping to hear from anybody who has knowledge of this training organisation or similar (feedback much appreciated)

I have a FAA PPL, UK CPL and a recent "green card"

Problem is defective night colour vision (OK USA due to waiver, NOT OK UK or Europe)

Have been advised to gain FAA Commercial, Instrument and Multi and then pay up front for FO hours and type rating on Beech 1900 or similar in the hope that things will pick up in a year or so and I can gain some entry level experience for a FO position with an airline such as Ameriflight. Everybody tells me that flight instruction will not pay the bills.

Can I work for a US airline as a "resident alien" or do I need to be a citizen ?

Current situation:38 years old, married, In a 9-5 job that sucks but pays bills, young family, will need to sell up house to fund
training and support myself for a couple of years while training in USA. "Heart" says go do it but "head" and "Gut" say "bad times sit tight" ! - advice welcome !

An2
8th Aug 2002, 13:27
I've heard a lot about Eagle Jet. Mainly bad things though.:( Some say it's a certified-rip-off-business. There are other flightschools with "bridge-programs" to regionals if that's your aim. In short; If I were you, I wouldn't sell the house to finance such a risky step. But that's just me.
Whatever you do, make sure that it's OK with your spouse. If she's not into it, she'll put you through hell and you don't want that during flighttraining. Things can be complicated enough without that happening. I made it happen to me, so I guess I know what I'm talking about.(...worst of all; now I have to kiss up to her sweet little a** everyday for the rest of my life!)
Bad times it is, and still no clear signs of improvement. Things are just as tough in the US, eventhough some regionals have started calling back fourloughed pilots.

....just my 2-cents!;)

Check out www.ilsapproach.com for more tips on Eagle Jet.

Limey
8th Aug 2002, 21:33
Thanks for your "personal opinion" ref Eagle Jet

Had a search on the web link that you provided but nothing found on Eagle Jet. Sorry to hear that your spouse is giving you a hard time, you are right it is an all or nothing risky approach.

At least you had a bash at it so your partner should respect that !

I did see an advert on the jobs section for flight instructors needed at Flight safety, initial thoughts are why don't they hire their own ?

It is a very strange industry when you can make more in a week flipping burgers at Burger King than you can make in an an entry level flying position.

Sheep Guts
9th Aug 2002, 00:20
Limey you lucky limey! With a GREENCARD Mate you are set. If you have a current Multi CIR on your UK CPL, you can do an USATP theory exam and flight test .Try ALLATPS.COM they have testing centres all over, probabaly cost you around $1195.00 USD to do the theory and flight test( $300-200 USD TEST FEE). Dont stuff around with FAA COM AND MULTI CIR if you allready have one.

Limey
9th Aug 2002, 08:37
Sheep guts

I have a UK CPL but no multi or IR yet !

Does this change your advice ?

Sheep Guts
9th Aug 2002, 21:13
Yes that is the catch mate. Also I forgot one critical thing is that you need 1500hrs total and 100night before you get a USATP aswell. Unless you have that as well, I am sorry for getting your hopes up. But the Greencard which is what need, is a great plus for you guard it with your life

Regards
Sheep