PDA

View Full Version : Fuji FA-200 for a tall pilot

LSC172
24th Aug 2019, 08:06
I am looking into a FA200 and since having not flown the type yet was wondering if a taller pilot will be able to fly one ?
Judging from pictures and youtube videos the headroom might not be an issue. The legroom is what I am worried about.

Any comments on this ? Are the seats adjustable in which way (up/down/forward/rearward)?

I know the FA200 is rare type but would appreciate any input on this.

eckhard
24th Aug 2019, 08:43
I’m 6’2” and have owned one for 16 years. I’ve got long legs and a short body so head-room is never a problem.
Yes; the leg-room is limited, even with the seats fully aft, but once I’m in and settled it’s ok for up to two hours.

The adjustment is fore-aft and seat-back rake angle.

The seat design changed at some point during the production run and the later seats offer about 2” more leg (and tummy) room as the backs sit above the wing-spar instead of just in front of it. I have found a pair and am swapping them for my original seats. You will recognise the later seats as the seat-back release is a plunger at shoulder height on the outboard side, whereas on the original design it is a lever at the bottom of the seat-back on the inboard side. Also, the later seats have inertia-reel harnesses instead of the old fixed webbing design.

Good luck in your search and PM me if you want more info.

Whopity
24th Aug 2019, 16:51
"Tall pilot" really means nothing, I am 6ft 2in and my son is 6ft 6" we have exactly the same sitting height despite him being 4 inches taller than me! Having been involved in fitting trails in the RAF, its individual measurements that matter, not overall height.