PDA

View Full Version : Night Rating Licence Privileges

SJH1
19th Aug 2019, 15:46
Hello,

First time poster here with a stupid yet straightforward question!!

I am a Night Rating holder. I was recently looking at my licence and checking a few details when I noticed my licence has 'SEP (Land) - Nil' within the privileges, but no mention of a Night Rating. Here goes the stupid question, if I am unrestricted at night, should my licence have some mention of Night Rating underneath this, or just have no mention of any night restrictions (meaning I am unrestricted a night).

I'm just trying to make sure my licensing is correct, your answers are much appreciated!!

Fl1ingfrog
19th Aug 2019, 17:16
Your night rating should be listed in section XII as is your SEP(land) also with the remark: "Nil".

Maoraigh1
19th Aug 2019, 19:13
Look for: "The priveleges of this licence may be exercised at night".

Fl1ingfrog
19th Aug 2019, 20:17
maoraigh 1 that wording was used in the old UK licenses but has not been used since.

SJH1
19th Aug 2019, 21:07
Thanks all,

So it looks like my licence is incorrect. Strange seeing as I sent it off to the CAA way back in 2017 when I did my Night Rating and got the paperwork all back with no issues.
Best contact them I guess??

Fl1ingfrog
20th Aug 2019, 16:42
SJH1

What do you mean by: "...........got all the paperwork back with no issues"? Can you explain.

You shouldn't have got any paperwork back as you were only required to send the night rating application form; your original licence (to be replaced) and otherwise only certified copies as listed on the form

The new licence to include the night rating..

SJH1
22nd Aug 2019, 19:24
SJH1

What do you mean by: "...........got all the paperwork back with no issues"? Can you explain.

You shouldn't have got any paperwork back as you were only required to send the night rating application form; your original licence (to be replaced) and otherwise only certified copies as listed on the form

The new licence to include the night rating..

Apologies for the confusion, what I meant was I sent off the relevant paperwork (the application form) and licence, as well as my log book.
I received my licence back with no issues, but only after reviewing it recently did I notice that my 'new' licence did not include that 'Nil' text on my privileges. In contact with the CAA now though.

Thanks,
Sam.