PDA

View Full Version : A320 attitude display on ground

Check Airman
10th Aug 2019, 20:59
Hi all,

I noticed today that on the CA side, the attitude indicator showed pitch down indications on the ground, instead of the normal blank, brown hemisphere.

Any idea what caused that, or how to reset it?

PA38-Pilot
11th Aug 2019, 02:29
Turn the PFD off and then back on

AB335
11th Aug 2019, 11:06
Complete realignment of all IRS might help?

Uplinker
11th Aug 2019, 13:34
To help troubleshoot this (on the ground while not in flight), you can switch the ATT HDG ECAM switch to Capt on 3.

If the odd display remains the fault is downstream of the DMCs. If the fault clears, the problem is at, or upstream of, DMC 1.

Check Airman
11th Aug 2019, 13:46
Complete realignment of all IRS might help?

Tried to do a full realign of the affected unit. No joy.

Check Airman
11th Aug 2019, 13:48
To troubleshoot this (on the ground while not in flight), you can switch the ATT HDG ECAM switch to Capt on 3.

If the odd display remains the fault is downstream of the DMCs. If the fault clears, the problem is at, or upstream of, DMC 1.

On the day in question ADIRU 3 was deferred.

sonicbum
11th Aug 2019, 13:57
Hi all,

I noticed today that on the CA side, the attitude indicator showed pitch down indications on the ground, instead of the normal blank, brown hemisphere.

Any idea what caused that, or how to reset it?

Call maintenance and have a coffee in the meantime. Works very well to keep you away from troubles.

PA38-Pilot
11th Aug 2019, 19:39
Turn the PFD off and then back on

BTW, I wasn't kidding with this. It actually works. I've seen that a few times.

Check Airman
11th Aug 2019, 20:05
BTW, I wasn't kidding with this. It actually works. I've seen that a few times.

Ah. Will have to try next time, as even the mtx folks were perplexed.

FlightDetent
11th Aug 2019, 22:05
Howdy C/A, how long are you in - around the 5 year mark?

Check Airman
11th Aug 2019, 23:09
Howdy C/A, how long are you in - around the 5 year mark?
Pardon me?

FlightDetent
12th Aug 2019, 10:13
I mean on the bus. It was more or less 5-7 years for us when we started seeing things the manuals could not readily explain. As if the aircraft started behaving non-deterministically. ��

Until that point we thought to belong inside the "it's doing it again" group already, but for some metaphysical reason become "ain't seen nothing yet" people for a while.

Just wonder if your vibes perhaps are similar, it's half of a joke.

Airbus38
12th Aug 2019, 18:53
Press PFD/ND XFER twice, will clear every time.

Only ever seems to crop up on EIS 2 fitted aircraft and only after daily maintenance checks. No idea why though, should only crop up after becoming airborne?

Check Airman
13th Aug 2019, 00:46
I mean on the bus. It was more or less 5-7 years for us when we started seeing things the manuals could not readily explain. As if the aircraft started behaving non-deterministically. 🤦

Until that point we thought to belong inside the "it's doing it again" group already, but for some metaphysical reason turned become "ain't seen nothing yet" people for a while.

Just wonder if your vibes perhaps are similar, it's half of a joke.

Ah. Lol. Got it now. I suppose this will be my fourth year. I'm definitely not in the "doing it again" league yet. (Well except for the STARs into LAX where it always says TOO STEEP PATH.

Check Airman
13th Aug 2019, 00:50
Press PFD/ND XFER twice, will clear every time.

Only ever seems to crop up on EIS 2 fitted aircraft and only after daily maintenance checks. No idea why though, should only crop up after becoming airborne?

First time I saw it was on EIS1. Most recently, EIS2. MSN 6xxx, so a pretty new plane.

Will keep that in tip in the back pocket though. Thanks