PDA

View Full Version : CAA fees

Professor Plum
10th Aug 2019, 17:08
Good afternoon all,

If you apply for multiple ratings at the same time, to add to a PPL (such as night/aerobatic/IR(R)) does the UK CAA charge you for each rating (£127 i think) or is it just the one fee?

Couldn’t find an answer on the CAA website, and hoping someone can kindly point me in the right direction.

Many thanks!

Whopity
10th Aug 2019, 20:14
Its a bit like going to a supermarket, you want 5 items, you pay for 5 items, much the same at the CAA, you want 5 ratings, then you pay for 5 ratings.

Professor Plum
11th Aug 2019, 07:41
Whopity- thanks. Much appreciated. I thought that would be the case.

Ita a shame the CAA dont do “buy one get one free” offers every now and then! 😉

Whopity
11th Aug 2019, 10:58
The RT Licence is free if you hold another flight crew licence and if you get an ATPL, the IR is included.

Kemble Pitts
11th Aug 2019, 19:12
Prof

Oh, I'm pretty sure that BOGOF(F) is very much in their vocabulary...

memories of px
12th Aug 2019, 09:58
the scheme of charges is a bit of a minefield, if your changing your brown licence for an easa licence and sending in your sep renewal form, how much is that ?

Whopity
18th Aug 2019, 14:30
If you are converting the licence with a valid class rating, its the standard conversion fee even if you have had to renew the rating before you applied (£77). You can also convert the licence, which arrives with no valid ratings and is useless, for the same money, and then apply to renew the class rating seperately, for whih you will pay an additional fee of (£93) for a class rating.

vfr-uk
19th Aug 2019, 12:20
If you are converting the licence with a valid class rating, its the standard conversion fee even if you have had to renew the rating before you applied (£77). .

Interesting. I (think I) just did exactly as described and despite only completing one fee form for the conversion fee, I received my new license back today along with a receipt for £185 inc what I assume to postage on top of the £170 ‘service cost’. No itemisation or any cover letter with any meaningful information other than the amount and the license.

Unless my expired IMC or English language proficiency cost money? If not I guess I should call up!

....Well in fact I called up anyway and was told there are no circumstances under which the license can be converted and the SEP revalidation added at the same time without paying for each individually. So unless anyone has any pointers that I could go back with I guess I’m paying for them both.

Or maybe I’ve completely misunderstood?

(mine was an expired JAR if that makes any difference)