PDA

View Full Version : Advice

PilotMaggy
10th Aug 2019, 00:27
I want to get my ppl but I'm confused about getting it in Bulgaria, UK or Greece. I need a good but affordable school.

Gertrude the Wombat
10th Aug 2019, 21:27
I'd avoid the UK. Any training and/or licence you acquire might evaporate on 30 October due to #brex****.

India Four Two
11th Aug 2019, 06:09
PilotMaggy,

A key issue in your decision making would be where you want to fly after you have gained your licence.

Genghis the Engineer
11th Aug 2019, 16:16
One piece of advice is to actually put what you want to talk about in your subject heading.

Of those three countries the UK has by far the most sizeable flying training industry, and is probably cheaper than Greece, if perhaps not Bulgaria. It is the obvious place to go of that list.

The UK has many good schools, some of them affordable. Get hold of the Flyer Magazine "Learn to Fly Guide", which is as good a guide as exists. If you're travelling internationally and want a recommendation however, try Teeside in Dundee who are well run, and set up for people doing intensive courses.

G

flybymike
11th Aug 2019, 16:31
Presumably you mean Tayside.

Teeside is a bit further South. :)

effortless
12th Aug 2019, 08:08
Mind you, think about weather! August is usually benign but not much flying going on round here.

Genghis the Engineer
12th Aug 2019, 14:46
Indeed, Tayside.

G