PDA

View Full Version : INTERPRETATION of word "TRANSIT"

JABBARA
2nd Aug 2019, 16:22
As A 320 or 330 Pilots are well aware, AFTER LANDING proecdures states

On ground, hot weather conditions may cause overheating to be detected around the bleed ducts in
the wings,On ground, hot weather conditions may cause overheating to be detected around the bleed ducts in
the wings, resulting in “AIR L (R) WING LEAK” warnings. Such warnings may be avoided during
transit by keeping slats in CONF 1, when OAT is above 30 °C. resulting in “AIR L (R) WING LEAK” warnings. Such warnings may be avoided during transit by keeping slats in CONF 1, when OAT is above 30 °C.

Based on the logic of this proecudre, here I interpret the word TRANSIT, as any time period that the airplane stays on ground at mentioned condition. However some people interprets this word is as the flight state where Transit CL steps are implemented. This sounds me very illogical as looking at the reason of this procedure is advised..

I am looking forward the comments from PPRUNE, where I beleive many more professionals exists than where I work.
Regards

TURIN
2nd Aug 2019, 16:33
Chocks on to chocks off.

sonicbum
2nd Aug 2019, 16:41
As A 320 or 330 Pilots are well aware, AFTER LANDING proecdures states

On ground, hot weather conditions may cause overheating to be detected around the bleed ducts in
the wings,On ground, hot weather conditions may cause overheating to be detected around the bleed ducts in
the wings, resulting in “AIR L (R) WING LEAK” warnings. Such warnings may be avoided during
transit by keeping slats in CONF 1, when OAT is above 30 °C. resulting in “AIR L (R) WING LEAK” warnings. Such warnings may be avoided during transit by keeping slats in CONF 1, when OAT is above 30 °C.

Based on the logic of this proecudre, here I interpret the word TRANSIT, as any time period that the airplane stays on ground at mentioned condition. However some people interprets this word is as the flight state where Transit CL steps are implemented. This sounds me very illogical as looking at the reason of this procedure is advised..

I am looking forward the comments from PPRUNE, where I beleive many more professionals exists than where I work.
Regards

You are obviously correct. Anytime the aircraft is on the ground it is in transit, regardless of the transit time, crew change or not, etc..
It's funny how people come up with those amazing theories.

mcdhu
3rd Aug 2019, 16:09
Trouble is that, in my experience, with the slats out, the refuelled won't plug in.

mcdhu

the_stranger
3rd Aug 2019, 23:53
Trouble is that, in my experience, with the slats out, the refuelled won't plug in.

mcdhu
Not on out 330's, but that had more clearance ofcourse.

Funny though, the mentioned warning had happened recently on an African ramp when the plane was "in transit" for 6 hours in a temperature of max 27 degrees.
So in (very) rare cases 30 might not be the lower limit.

JABBARA
4th Aug 2019, 21:32
Thanks for all replies
Jabbara

goeasy
5th Aug 2019, 15:32
Alternative is select engine bleeds off which dEactivates the sensors. They are there for engine bleed leak, not APU bleed.