PDA

View Full Version : CF6-80C2 Active Clearance Control - Air Temp

nzhills
29th Jul 2019, 23:53
Hi, can someone please direct me to a document that gives the temperature of the air taken from the 7th stage compressor on the CF6-80C2 for control of the HP turbine tip clearance? My searching on the web did not reveal much. Regards Mark

B2N2
30th Jul 2019, 01:37
You could buy the manual

General Familiarization CF6-80 Engines Book, eBook, Steve Oebermann, AeroEd & Aircraft Technical Book Co., Aircraft Technical Book Company, Aviation Books and Video Resources (http://www.actechbooks.com/products/act472/)

Lifer01
2nd Aug 2019, 05:36
Hi, can someone please direct me to a document that gives the temperature of the air taken from the 7th stage compressor on the CF6-80C2 for control of the HP turbine tip clearance? My searching on the web did not reveal much. Regards Mark
7th stage HPC air is used to cool the 1st stage LPT nozzle leading edge and the cavity aft of the 2nd stage HPT rotor. At idle on a standard day, the 7th stage is 49 deg C (I got this figure from some old boroscope training notes - not on the web).

The LPT and HPT cases (Turbine Clearance Control) are cooled by fan discharge air via TCC valves.

nzhills
13th Aug 2019, 01:51
Hi, thanks Lifer01 for your info. Do you have any temperature data on when the engine is operating at 100%? Regards Mark

B2N2
13th Aug 2019, 02:44
I’ve tried to look online, downloaded several PDF’s but nowhere did I find that detailed info.
Im curious to know too