PDA

View Full Version : Condom LFID

nouseforaname
20th Jul 2019, 10:11
Hi. I'm planning a trip down to Condom (Valence Our Baise) in the next couple of weeks. Just wondered if anyone has been in here before? There is a number on sky demon but the guy who answers says he's no longer the right person to talk to. Can't seem to find any more info on an internet search. Will be going in a Cessna 210 so the piste will have to be fairly smooth for us. Any help appreciated in advance!

Jan Olieslagers
20th Jul 2019, 15:31
Have you consulted this unofficial French source (https://basulm.ffplum.fr/index.php?option=com_hotspots&view=hotspots&Itemid=302#43.8780396/0.3691936/12/hotspot/1002817) ? Also worth to consult the AIP, or its VFR flight guide. In general for France best rely on French sources, for Lithuania best rely on ... &c :) Though SkyDemon seems to be good at integrating information from abroad.

Piper.Classique
20th Jul 2019, 16:31
Would this help?
https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dvd/eAIP_18_JUL_2019/Atlas-VAC/UK/VACProduitPartieframeset.htm

nouseforaname
22nd Jul 2019, 10:57
Thanks yes had a look at both of those, I got hold of a friendly chap in the end who said it should be fit for a Cessna 210.

Marchettiman
23rd Jul 2019, 07:15
Why not call the Aeroclub there, the splendidly names Aeroclub de l'Armagnac? I expect they will be very protective for visitors to the airfield

Jan Olieslagers
23rd Jul 2019, 07:30
If one can speak French, yes.

djtaylor
30th Jul 2019, 21:10
We went there a few years ago, midweek. It was quiet with one other aeroplane operating. Then the runway was fine. The adjacent field had an amazing crop of large sunflowers.

cessnapete
31st Jul 2019, 13:31
We went there a few years ago, midweek. It was quiet with one other aeroplane operating. Then the runway was fine. The adjacent field had an amazing crop of large sunflowers.

ditto
Visited for a couple of days in a Cessna180 last year. Perfect for a C210. Good smooth grass, with gliding and aero club activity. Don’t remember a landing fee and very friendly locals.
Cleared Customs in/ out at Bergerac, again no problem.
Routed back through Jersey for cheap fuel.