PDA

View Full Version : Taxi Routes Shanghai Pudong

wilco77
4th Jul 2019, 07:25
Anyone have info on the taxi routes in Shanghai Pudong? As Ground controller makes you taxi to the end of the parallel taxiway prior to crossing the active parallel runway. Need to know if there is written or guided material regarding this procedure.

thanks
Wilco

FullWings
4th Jul 2019, 16:51
I don’t have any official info on this but I assume it’s because of the near miss at PVG with someone crossing the runway inappropriately? I think the pilot of the aircraft taking off got a medal and some ATC were sacked and/or sent for hard labour? Would certainly focus the minds of their replacements...

Check Airman
4th Jul 2019, 17:03
They do something similar in Atlanta and Philadelphia as well.

intheskyk
14th Jul 2019, 10:58
Seems to be the same at CAN. Not to the very end of the runway though.

S speed
14th Jul 2019, 18:37
Purely as an observation, in China now days I believe they prefer taxing aircraft to go around active runways rather than cross them. Also, again as an observation, they will only give you max 3 items in any taxi clearance at any given time. Eg: P7, right C, hold short S5. And each following clearance will only contain 3 items again to the end.

Never seen published taxi routes, like Japan have, in China.

B2N2
14th Jul 2019, 22:23
I believe crossing at the approach end to be safer then crossing an active runway in the middle.

pineteam
15th Jul 2019, 08:42
I don’t have any official info on this but I assume it’s because of the near miss at PVG with someone crossing the runway inappropriately? I think the pilot of the aircraft taking off got a medal and some ATC were sacked and/or sent for hard labour? Would certainly focus the minds of their replacements...

The near miss was in Hongqiao the other Shanghai international airport.
In Pudong, they will make you land on the outer runways and cross the inner runway via taxiway which is connected to the last high speed taxiway. Not completely at the end. It makes sense as it will expedite the ground traffic and it’s also safer as B2N2 mentioned to vacate close to the end.

2csonTriple7
6th Nov 2019, 16:00
from the AIP

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/957x1222/zspd_aip_taxi_3775c9f4a38eae14f98310e51fe94fcf6fc4733d.jpg
ZSPD rwy crossing