PDA

View Full Version : Flight Deck Visits

Gingerbread Man
5th Aug 2002, 17:00
Is there any way to get onto the flight deck of a passenger aircraft today while it is flying? I have been while one is on the ground but that was closer to last september and i wondered if the rules had been relaxed at all. If they haven't then that is completely understandable, i just wanted to enquire to some people who might know.
It is a BA flight that I am refering to, if that helps to answer the question.
Many thanks, Ginge.:D

expedite_climb
5th Aug 2002, 17:48
In a word.... no

!

Gingerbread Man
5th Aug 2002, 18:43
OK, thats all i needed to know!
:D
Thanks, Ginge.

overstress
5th Aug 2002, 22:28
Sensitive and informed posting Ginge - on the day when the CAA announces that spouses & blood relatives of pilots will never be allowed on F/D again...........

Mooney
6th Aug 2002, 00:46
some foreign european airlines are allowing jump seats vists again! Not sure if that's a good idea :)

AnsettStar
7th Aug 2002, 06:20
I'm glad I got mine before 9/11......

I had the privilege of being a jumpseater for ...hang on....five times on various flights, both Aus domestic and intl to NZ. And about three more f/deck visits as well.

One Ansett flight I actually got to sit with the crew for the whole flight after cruise altitude (It was a red-eye, I think they were bored :p

There's nothing like seeing your home city at sunrise coming into the airport.....

Every flight deck visit is now a cherished memory and I wish I had had the opportunity to thank those pilots yet again for their hospitality....and the autographs!!!!! :)

AnsettStar

Baldie Man
8th Aug 2002, 14:17
That's right Mooney. I know for a fact that a certain Spanish airline still allow jumpseaters. I won't say on here how to go about it for security reasons though.

BM.

Mooney
9th Aug 2002, 00:00
A certain Irish Low fares airline also allows them.

Take a look at www.airliners.net on the flight deck section- you will soon find "thanks to the crew for letting me up" etc etc......

justforfun
10th Aug 2002, 01:48
This is a bad time in Aviation to even think about it... take the answer as no, and you won't be disappointed... Lets think about it, unknown person in the flight deck, probably not airline staff?... Nah, wouldn't be me! :rolleyes: