PDA

View Full Version : What was the best QRH / POH that you have used in terms of layout / usability

zuio
14th Jun 2019, 11:53
Which QRH / POH was great in terms of layout / usability and why ? (Pictures or links greatly appreciated)

What is important for a good QRH / POH ? What would you like to see?

Thanks & happy landings !

Sidestick_n_Rudder
14th Jun 2019, 13:12
I’m quite happy with current Boeing QRH. Simple, easy to navigate, I find it better than Airbus QRH.

ScepticalOptomist
14th Jun 2019, 22:30
I too prefer the Boeing manual layout over Airbus.

Uplinker
17th Jun 2019, 13:33
Boeing’s 737 Classic QRH is good, (but the aircraft is awful). Airbus FBW QRH is mostly awful but the aircraft is (very) good.

Best QRH layout I have used was for the BAe 146. It was written like an algorithm chart with lines leading from the ‘If Then’ statements to the appropriate section. Very easy to use.

tomuchwork
17th Jun 2019, 21:19
After having used Boeing(737NG), Airbus(A300-600), Embraer and Bombardier(CRJ Series up to 900) I must say - Bombardier. Very simple and CLEAR QRH. Lots of memory items but still better than Boeing(seems more their QRH is made by a lawyer instead of an engineer/pilot) and Airbus(Airbus being typically complicated).

My (very) clear favorite - Bombardier with the CRJ QRH.

kesskidi
27th Jun 2019, 13:56
agreed, bombardier is far more easy to use and strait forward than airbus which looks like a collection of non-related pages put together.

misd-agin
27th Jun 2019, 20:12
777. Checklist pops up by itself unless it’s ‘un-annunciated.’ Often you’re just matching the switches with what the airplane already did.

aerobatic_dude
27th Jun 2019, 23:24
Boeing QRH was fantastic, clear and concise.

Really not a fan of the Airbus QRH - and how about those landing distance calcs with multiple failures :ugh:

safetypee
28th Jun 2019, 16:34
As per Uplinker #4, the BAe 146, Avro RJ have very practical abnormal checklists. Nowadays perhaps overtaken by electronic formats, but the principles used were their strength.

Top of the page; title and mimic diagram with all the the captions, which help confirm that the procedure selected matches the situation.

Then Boxed items, few, an aid to stressed memory in surprising situations.

Procedures If - Then; some rare conditional aspects or second page were - go to

Then a Dotted Box as required; structured on four lines.
First ‘aviate’ items, the flight controls and instrument available and to be used as priority.
Second, ‘navigate’ items, again what is available, which side off the flight deck.
Third, ‘communicate’, what systems are available.
Forth ‘manage’, systems, restrictions, follow up items, and issues to be considered later in the flight; again with directing ‘go to’ card #.

misd-agin
28th Jun 2019, 18:09
Boeing QRH was fantastic, clear and concise.

Really not a fan of the Airbus QRH - and how about those landing distance calcs with multiple failures :ugh:

Thankfully someone produced an app for us. You select the failures and it does the corrections. Phew, saved!!!