PDA

View Full Version : AS350 headset requirements

Saemarke
23rd May 2019, 15:02
A headset is required to operate the Astar due to the audible warnings and gong but is there a manufacturer requirement to have a spare headset? If yes where in the RFM can I find it and does it have to be accessible to the pilot while in flight? I've been searching the RFM but have been unsuccessful as of yet. Thank you.
**Update**
In the B3E RFM I can find the limitation but not in the B3 RFM. Can anyone shed light on that?

Flying Bull
23rd May 2019, 15:34
I don’t have the 350 RFM manual at hand, but I recall, that for the EC155 it was necessary to have a spare headset at pilots reach, if operated single pilot
It has to be in section 2, Limitations
havenˋt found the requirement in the H145 manuel so.

JimEli
23rd May 2019, 19:05
A headset is required to operate the Astar due to the audible warnings and gong but is there a manufacturer requirement to have a spare headset? If yes where in the RFM can I find it and does it have to be accessible to the pilot while in flight? I've been searching the RFM but have been unsuccessful as of yet. Thank you.
**Update**
In the B3E RFM I can find the limitation but not in the B3 RFM. Can anyone shed light on that?

Unless you're looking at a very old B3 RFM, it should be located at 2.5.5. Versions of the B3-2B RFM did not contain the limitation.

"A minimum of two adequate radio/audio headsets shall be on-board the helicopter, one worn by the pilot at the controls to monitor the audio warnings delivered through the ICS system, and a spare one."

ApolloHeli
24th May 2019, 12:31
Here's section 2.5.5. verbatim from the EASA Approved RFM for an AS350 B3 Arriel 2B1 (a.k.a. B3+ here in Switzerland).

"2.5.5 MANDATORY EQUIPMENT
A minimum of two adequate radio / audio headsets shall be on-board the helicopter, one worn by the pilot at the controls to monitor the audio warning delivered through the ICS system and a spare one."

I don't have a B3 RFM at hand right now but seeing as the audio warning system and ICS are the same as the B3+ I can imagine the minimum of two headsets would be as well.

Saemarke
24th May 2019, 22:46
My RFM Section 2 only goes to 2.2. I'll have to research this and seek any updates if they apply to this bird. Thank you all for your input.
Saemarke