PDA

View Full Version : Rostering

Oasis
22nd May 2019, 13:43
Not sure who here is on yammer, but it has been interesting following some of the back-and-forths lately between a certain someone from rostering and various pilots.

I wonder what some of your thoughts are concerning the tone used by rostering, who are in (near) total control of our lives and of those of our loved ones.

MENELAUS
22nd May 2019, 15:23
You obviously don’t know GC then.

Bangaluru
22nd May 2019, 20:51
Not sure who here is on yammer, but it has been interesting following some of the back-and-forths lately between a certain someone from rostering and various pilots.

I wonder what some of your thoughts are concerning the tone used by rostering, who are in (near) total control of our lives and of those of our loved ones.

I completely agree with your sentiments. This individual is the reason I finally resolved never to interact with the company again. The patronising statements with implied insults were enough for me and his posts must surely be close to breaching the social media policy.

Oasis
22nd May 2019, 23:48
Not to mention breaching data protection.

The GMA needs to tell this clown to wind his neck in.

The tone is not really the issue, but the underlying emotions are in my opinion. As such, him winding his neck in won't really fix things as he is never really going to be on our side, making things better.
5 jokers attached to leave, a great thing to have, did that come from him or did that come from above?
I think it was the latter.
Why wasn't this thought of before? Why was it always 'cannot'?

Oasis
22nd May 2019, 23:49
You obviously don’t know GC then.

Please tell us more, if you know him. Let me know if this is off-base.

kenfoggo
23rd May 2019, 06:49
Interestingly in the latest FOP Updtae, GMA warns that personal information of others shall not be shared on Yammer, and then goes on to say that this would have serious repercussions.

The GMA's warning was specifically to "crew". The persons who roster us are not "crew", they were excluded from the polite "reminder" of serious consequences.

smogluver
23rd May 2019, 06:56
This guy is a very big problem with this company moving beyond. He is a hangover from the CH days and gets relegated way too much responsibility from the inept Swire princes, who will be moving on soon. So we are stuck with this fella,that is the main problem. They should of cleaned house ages ago. They will never have a relationship with their crew while taking advice from the aforementioned cretin.

Farman Biplane
23rd May 2019, 07:16
Apparently we are being compared to office workers, unbelievable, but not at all surprising at this mob.

Avinthenews
23rd May 2019, 10:40
Agree, GC & CH are two sides of the same coin, be warned.

corrigin
24th May 2019, 01:42
Agree, GC & CH are two sides of the same coin, be warned.

So is the current MICM, DL.

It's about cost savings, and they will do whatever they can to save money for the airline as well as protect their interest - their bonus.
That's why we have continuous changes in our rosters to reduce EFP despite that is in contradiction to the policy stated in Ops A.

bellcrank88
24th May 2019, 04:05
Ok, I am not normally one to come out on the side of the company, but give the guy a break. You would have to be a saint (or a truly gifted manager/bs'sr) not to get a little tired of the constant wining of the pilots.

If you got an email from a pilot complaining about not getting any requests, but he has 20 days off in the month, it would be a little hard to be sympathetic and not lash out a little bit.

We are slowly moving forward. Tell the guy he is doing a good job once in a while. It will likely go a long way.

mngmt mole
24th May 2019, 05:35
Bellcrank. Simple question? Setting aside your irrelevant point about getting "20 days off a month", one only needs to ask: did the pilot in question have a reasonable expectation, based on our system of requests, to be awarded the trip he was complaining he didn't receive? If so, and he didn't receive it, then he (and the rest of us) have a valid reason to complain. In case its never occurred to you, we have one of the most dysfunctional systems of request in the industry. My friend who flies for American gets 21 days off a month, AND every single request every month that he desires. We are lucky to get our first request, then the rest of the month is rubbish. And that is for the rest of your career. At the very least our first request should be sacrosanct. Don't fall into the "we should be grateful for the crumbs we get" mindset, ok? (and no, I am not going to tell him he "is doing a good job" when all evidence to date demonstrates that our system is broken).

Farman Biplane
24th May 2019, 07:29
Simple visibility of the bid/request queue to make a reasonable assessment of your likelihood of success would be handy, however these dinosaurs aren’t even capable of that. CX seems to outsource everything from brand to maintenance, but not rostering, I wonder why?