PDA

View Full Version : Logbooks!

newt
21st May 2019, 21:30
This might be boring but are there others out there who have flown in RAF jets with a relative who was able to include them in their logbook? So I flew with my Dad then I flew him! Be interested to know!

dook
22nd May 2019, 09:12
I flew my wife several times, although she wasn't at the time.

The most memorable was a weekend trip to a certain place in Germany which you know all about...……….

Pontius Navigator
22nd May 2019, 19:17
I know someone who flew with father and son. He was a WOp and the dad I think a tail gunner. The son was a Nimrod captain. When he realised he resigned shortly after and got a job with Madame Tussauds.

Bill Macgillivray
22nd May 2019, 20:23
Flew with my (elder) brother several times as an ATC cadet ( Lincoln, Meteor, Canberra & Victor). Some years later I was able to re-pay (?) him with the odd trip in a JP, Hunter & Hawk. He has now long gone to the "Sky" but I can remember all the sorties (and have most in my log-book).. Great times!!

Bill

BEagle
22nd May 2019, 22:59
A young lady on the RAF's premier AAR squadron flew a trip on which both her father and grandfather also flew. Not only that, but they'd both flown the very same aircraft in its airline days!

Jhieminga
23rd May 2019, 14:10
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/4261345/Family-tradition-of-flying-VC10.html