PDA

View Full Version : ATPL theory Europe

tripleslavin
20th May 2019, 13:32
Asking for a friend who’s training as I’m out of the loop. Did mine years ago. Is there any school in Europe that actually teaches ATPL thoroughly and doesn’t just had you a Bristol folder and it’s up to you to lock yourself in your room. He struggles with pure self study. Also I’ve seen in other threads that certain jurisdictions don’t change the exam questions every 5 mins. I’ve seen a few Eastern European countries mentioned that seam to have a database that’s more stable. Or does anyone know where he could get tuition on these harder modules. Recommendations pls as he’s big time struggling with the studies. Thanks everyone.

youngretired
20th May 2019, 18:49
Don’t study then. Just hit the bank if it’s too much trouble for him.

paco
21st May 2019, 05:44
Under EASA rules the questions are changing every year, either being added or revised. There's no getting around that. The purpose of that is to stop people just hitting the banks. If you mean full time training you could try Cat3C or Pathway.

Phil

tripleslavin
21st May 2019, 08:24
Thanks for the sensible answer paco.
Yes training is what I'm asking for recommendations for. Unlike the stupid answer above banking questions doesn't work. So to re cap what I'm looking for is a school that actually teaches full time not just a brush up. Thanks

youngretired
21st May 2019, 09:43
Thanks for the sensible answer paco.
Yes training is what I'm asking for recommendations for. Unlike the stupid answer above banking questions doesn't work. So to re cap what I'm looking for is a school that actually teaches full time not just a brush up. Thanks
I can only luagh hard to these intelligent ideas.
Hit this topic again after you class study and we'll luagh together.

paco
21st May 2019, 10:52
Well, with an attitude like that, if you manage to get a job you sure won't keep it. That's also what the new KSA 100 exam is for.

I get so sick of hearing the eternal whinging about the questions. Granted, the system is not perfect, and probably 5% of the questions are not fit for purpose, but the rest of it you do need to know as a professional pilot, and you owe a duty of care to your future passengers to know what you are doing.

tripleslavin
21st May 2019, 14:44
Negan and paco thanks very much for your input and valuable advise. Have passed on the schools you mentioned paco. Thanks.

paco
21st May 2019, 17:33
Negan - you are so right. It is what it is. Deal with it.