PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship

Piper Warrior Pilot
5th Aug 2002, 00:34
I was just wondering. Say a PPL student with 20 hours is looking to finish their licence and writes a letter to local businesses asking for sponsorship in return for something which would benefit that business, what do you think the chances of this would be.

If a strong proposal could be put together, and something which would benefit that company could be found, the would it be worth a try?

After all, life is full of chances

slim_slag
5th Aug 2002, 03:13
If a strong proposal could be put together, and something which would benefit that company could be found, the would it be worth a try?

Sure, if it benefitted the company more than it cost them, it should be a no brainer. Not sure what you would do, I cannot think of anything, but that doesn't mean much :)

Wasn't there a few resourceful guys who got a TV station to do a documentary on their trip to Scotland recently, tv station paid for their share of the cost of the plane. Maybe you could get a tv show to do a wannabe documentary, probably been thought of before though.

After all, life is full of chances

That's the right attitude.

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take", Gretzky

Wrong Stuff
5th Aug 2002, 07:06
PWP - have a look at this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6707).

Piper Warrior Pilot
5th Aug 2002, 08:06
Thanks for the help on that thread and the advice to go for it.

Like you say 'you miss 100% of the shots you never take' i couldnt have put it beter myself.

Imk going to write to as many businesses in the north east of england as is possible.

The trouble being, what kind of companies. Obviously i cant write to a small newsagent or pet shop etc... My target is to find a managing director of a company who has background knowledge of flying so that they can understand how i feel about flying.

Indeed i may get no replies from some, sarcasstic letters from others but at the end of the day ive got 110% determination and commitment towards my future career and with or without anyones help, i will succeed.