PDA

View Full Version : Is your airline Under/overcrewed at present?

foghorn
4th Aug 2002, 16:55
This question is aimed at people working for UK airlines primarily.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers!
foggy.

moleslayer
4th Aug 2002, 18:24
Not a good time my friend...........

Current situation : 30+ laid off (waiting on 'the phone call )
I doubt it will ring :(

15ish on short term contract 'til end Oct.
(no further work for them after that)

???? to go if company re-vamp of T&C's
not agreed by CC.

Altogether a depressing time to be either IN or OUT of the business, whichever situation you're in, you'd rather be in the other. :confused:

ETOPS
5th Aug 2002, 08:39
Foghorn

The retirements continue apace at BA leading to slow but steady pressure on the remaining crews. I talked to the manager in charge of pilot recruitment a short while ago and he told me the plan was to start recruiting for courses in the new year (2003). This was for Cadet pilots to be sponsored through one of the well known colleges. I pulled his leg over the terms and conditions offered to Direct entry pilots and thought we would not get a single applicant - He said they were going to try anyway.......

Meeb
5th Aug 2002, 11:08
That old chesnut about no one will apply to BA because the T/C's are supposed to be poor... humbug!

The recent Citiexpress advert has had the result that the phone number in the advert had to be switched off due to it running red hot...

Broken Wings
8th Aug 2002, 20:59
Foghorn
Good poll. Lets hope that the last option gets more and more votes. Emirates, I understand, need 350 first officers in the next 18-24 months. I also understand that several Chief Pilots want to recruit but the bean counters are holding back. Let's hope that after the summer rush and the ongoing retirements the CP's get their way.

Sick
10th Aug 2002, 21:01
Nope, were slightly over-crewed; no recruiting at our gaffe.

...wouldn't be the case if we didn't have a number of long-term non-EU wet leases on the go though. :mad: