PDA

View Full Version : Traffic vs Aircraft vs Flight vs Airplane

les miserable.
26th Apr 2019, 14:16
Hi folks,

can anyone explain the difference between Traffic, Aircraft, Flight and Airplane ?

from icao Doc 444:
Aircraft. Any machine that can derive support in the atmosphere from the reactions of the air other than the reactions of the air against the earth’s surface.

I understand that the Aircraft is an Aircraft until it starts moving then we can call it Traffic, i could be wrong !

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
26th Apr 2019, 14:33
Yet you claim to have a PPL and an ATC Licence> Where did you train to be an ATCO because all this should have been dealt with on your course.

SThor
26th Apr 2019, 17:12
Yet you claim to have a PPL and an ATC Licence> Where did you train to be an ATCO because all this should have been dealt with on your course.

I know it’s hard to be humble when you’re perfect, but the guy just asked a question. Since you surely remember absolutely everything from your own course, why don’t you just share from your vast knowledge database and lighten up? ;)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
26th Apr 2019, 18:39
My training course was 53 years ago so it would be wrong for me to quote from that long ago. I gave him what I considered to be a useful answer. My lights are working fine, thank you.

les miserable.
27th Apr 2019, 02:13
My training course was 53 years ago so it would be wrong for me to quote from that long ago. I gave him what I considered to be a useful answer. My lights are working fine, thank you.

what a useful answer !

Bergerie1
27th Apr 2019, 03:28
And I always thought it was an aeroplane!!

Bergerie1
27th Apr 2019, 15:55
But never a plane. Planes are used for smoothing wood.