PDA

View Full Version : A320 pitch and power values with EPR

Banana Joe
19th Apr 2019, 13:50
Since I might have an upcoming sim assessment on an A320 sim with IAE engines could anybody provide me with pitch and power values?

FlightDetent
19th Apr 2019, 14:23
Use N1, about 5% less than CFM. Ignore EPR for manual thrust (at the assessment).

For unreliable airspeed, to level off cheat with 6 deg / 60 %.

tip: go have two good looks where is 1.05 on the dial, the initial setting for takeoff. Do not set 1.1 by mistake, it is common even on the line.

Check Airman
19th Apr 2019, 16:06
tip: go have two good looks where is 1.05 on the dial, the initial setting for takeoff. Do not set 1.1 by mistake, it is common even on the line.

put the lever by the "H" ;)

vilas
19th Apr 2019, 17:19
The problem with IAE is the donut is on EPR and all power settings are in N1. If I remember correctly it varies from 1.05 clean to gear down flaps full1.18 in level flight. It will vary with weight so just set 1.05 then manage with the trend arrow.

pineteam
19th Apr 2019, 17:27
put the lever by the "H" ;)
+1. I was told the same when I started on the A320. Works very nicely. With experience, you won’t even need to look at the levers.
For the flying part, don’t bother learning about the pitch and power setting. Just look at your speed trend. It’s all you need really. A quick look some times to times at the N1 for fine tunning and you are good to go. The EPR is more precise but in the sim, engines are identical so same N1 = same EPR. But again, the speed trend is all what you need.
Good luck for your sim check. = )