PDA

View Full Version : UK EASA PPL - what do you get?

Wombat124
10th Apr 2019, 18:55
I had a JAA PPL issued in 2005 in the brown wallet. I let it lapse stupidly lapse in 2013 and have just got back legal again via training and a skills test.

Sent all the documents to Gatwick, including an application for JAA to EASA licence conversion.

What came back was just one A4 folded bit of paper. It does say European Union Part -FCL and is EASA form 141 Issue 2, so I'm sure the paper is OK

My question is, should I not get a new wallet as well? My flying friends all have a nice new EASA blue plastic wallet to put everything in - I got nothing.

Have I been cheated? Is there an extra charge for a new EASA wallet? Is it sent separately?

The CAA site is useless and emails apparently take 10 days to answer, so thought I would try posting here!

Toro103r
10th Apr 2019, 19:09
I got a nice blue wallet, but forget about emails, I've sent 8 emails since January and not one reply.

Gertrude the Wombat
10th Apr 2019, 20:11
My question is, should I not get a new wallet as well? My flying friends all have a nice new EASA blue plastic wallet to put everything in - I got nothing.
Random guess: they ran out of stock, having expected not to need any more after March 29th.

BigEndBob
10th Apr 2019, 21:53
Buy the Poolyes holder, it's quite nice.

Pilot DAR
11th Apr 2019, 03:38
Buy the Poolyes holder

Okay, got it now, after a little searching... My friend taught me some Cockney rhyming slang back in the day, and I was thinking I'd missed what a Poolyes holder was.

Now I feel older.

MrAverage
11th Apr 2019, 08:14
The brown wallet would be easier to use.....................