PDA

View Full Version : EASA Medical

ansarias
29th Mar 2019, 17:46
Hi guys,
Im about to start my PPL in Switzerland. I haven't yet got my medical but I've been told by an aviation medical professional Im in good shape to pass it.
I was also told that I can log a maximum of 2 hours before I have a medical, which I've never heard before. Does that mean if I don't get my medical before, the hours I fly won't count? Any more info on this would be appreciated. Cheers!

effortless
30th Mar 2019, 10:34
My understanding is that you need your medical to solo. So 2 hours sounds like a club or school rule.

ansarias
1st Apr 2019, 07:58
Thanks for your answer. I thought the same. I am unsure about the Swiss rules though which is why I wanted to clarify. I will ask the school admin.

TheOddOne
1st Apr 2019, 18:41
We ALWAYS recommend people get a medical after 2 lessons, up to them if they wait but I've had a student delay 1st solo because they hadn't sorted themselves out.

The other old one is about the requirement for the Air Law exam before 1st solo. There is no legal requirement for this, so I wouldn't delay a 1st solo because it hasn't happened; again, they are encouraged to do it: shows some commitment to the total process.

TOO